Sin$
its all herez! :tongue:
HERE!!

A

adam88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
im not sure. they are TRYING to pass it, but i doubt they will be able to since congress just made it legal to jailbreak it. idk. i hope they don't pass it though:frown:

Robin

Robin

Relentless
Reaction score
Sin$
There will be a jailbreak for 4.1 99% they find a bypass for 4.0.2 but they dont realese it so it wont be patched in 4.1 :biggrin:

mexkan

mexkan

Shoot the J!
Premium
Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
People have said time and time and time again that there isn't a way for them to do this...

If there is then please explain how because I didn't pay $400 for a phone that will be bricked over a jailbreak

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually they can't do that since jailbreaking is legal.

A

adam88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually they can't do that since jailbreaking is legal.
i think apple knows that it is legal. I'm pretty sure they are pissed about it for some stupid reason, even though half of the things just introduced in their firmware upgrades were made by the community:tongue:
ALSO: i think most of it is about unlocking iphones and selling them or something. it says that if it detects a face for a while that it doesnt recognize, it can brick itself, almost insuring that you wont sell it and take out the sim
i dont see how this will work, because what if you were letting a friend borrow it:/ idk

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think anybody understand here. Yes jailbreaking is legal. But that doesn't mean apple is going to leave exploits open. It is actually illegal for them to do so. All exploits that are used run a security risk for users. (especially one like jailbreakme).

Apple is at the liability to make sure their devices are not faulty when they sell them. This is 100% legal. Look at they new droid. It has a f***ing efuse in it.

It is very easy to find out wether a device is jailbroken or not. You can actually do if from inside a sandboxed application in the appstore. What this patent is designed to do is that it runs this check. After that if the device is jailbroken then it blows this "reversable efuse" This is designed to stop people from investigating security flaws in the new iphones. However since this is not a true efuse. and can be reversed I am sure they will find a method on how to over ride this and restore your phone. Aswell as disable the check.

Trust me this is far from the end of jailbreaking.

mexkan

mexkan

Shoot the J!
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so if we are running a jailbroken iPhone, should we be worried about bricking?

Flying Taco

Flying Taco

Contributor
Mr. Nice Guy Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so if we are running a jailbroken iPhone, should we be worried about bricking?

No, i mean if it passes, then you should probably restore it until the dev-team releases the patch for it.

For more of the Dev-Teams reaction to this and answers to questions, refer to this.

B

budm

Reaction score
Sin$
there was a way in a bigboss app back in the 2.0 firmware to kill their killswitch, idk if its still around but i can look cause this has been rumored with apple saying they will do this and its been around forever you shouldnt have to worry cause like someone said the dev team will find a way around it

snowwhite

snowwhite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So as i understand those of us who are jailbroken but not unlocked are ok so happy days Also thos who dont really care to update and just stay on the os there on till a fix comes out will be fine slso

mexkan

mexkan

Shoot the J!
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
So can apple just brick your phone or do you have to update (I'm running 4.0.1 just to let you know)?

R

Rockinryguy

Reaction score
Sin$
there was a way in a bigboss app back in the 2.0 firmware to kill their killswitch, idk if its still around but i can look cause this has been rumored with apple saying they will do this and its been around forever you shouldnt have to worry cause like someone said the dev team will find a way around it
Still part of SBSettings by BigBoss. It works on IOS 4. The app was bossprefs

cj022

cj022

i iz so 1338
Reaction score
Sin$
Them doing so would violate the recent amendment of the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) that declares jail-breaking to be completely legal if done on a device you own.

Don't think it'll happen, and if it did, the iOS dev teams would find a workaround... after all if they can trick the phone and iTunes into thinking it's a legit FW, surely they can do the same to Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register