[APP]Liberty - Halo Campaign Editor

Discussion in 'Halo Reach Modding' started by Xerax, Jun 14, 2011 with 1,448 replies and 380,646 views.

1. Cakes

Cakes Administrator Administrator

Ratings:
    amd42, was Assembly ever released?

2. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Not yet.

3. Cakes

Cakes Administrator Administrator

Ratings:
    Ah, okay, thanks for the reply. Cause I heard some people talking about a version that you compile yourself.

4. Lord Zedd

Ratings:
    Yeah, the source is available, but not a compiled .exe until it is deemed ready enough.
    [Click here to view the link]

5. TKDK4

TKDK4 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That version is pretty awesome on its own though. Only thing that is annoying is that it snaps down to the next table on contents occasionally.

6. amd42

amd42 Getting There

Ratings:
    Would you mind explaining that in more detail? We're always open to suggestions.

7. TKDK4

TKDK4 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Not really a big thing, but when you're scrolling down through the meta-editor it will jump over some properties. An example I'll give is on M70_liftoff for Halo 4. If I'm editing masterchief in the biped section and I scroll down it will jump at the early movers properties and the AI properties.

I'm sorry if it's hard to understand, my describing skills need some brushing up on, but like I said, this isn't an issue, it's something that I just noticed.

8. amd42

amd42 Getting There

Ratings:
    Oh, I get what you mean. The editor scrolls by fields and not by pixels. It's a side effect of a trick I used to optimize the meta editor and I can't fix that without making things significantly slower as far as I'm aware. You get used to it eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  9. trainee1

trainee1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    does this liberty thing work in co op or spartan ops

10. amd42

amd42 Getting There

Ratings:
    Nope, Spartan Ops and co-op don't save anything which could be modded.

11. MagicWaffleMix

MagicWaffleMix Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Looks awesome, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Only Hide

Only Hide Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Is there a page for different liberty saved mods? because I don't want to just jump in like a noob on this forum.
    I've found several good things to do in it, and am working on a new mod that might take some time with liberty, but I think I found a possible way to make a funny hunter mod (I managed to get a warthog turret on his back) the only problem is that I haven't found a way to make him "drive-able". also, if anybody knows how to swap traits (if possible) I want to change a lawn chair with a mongoose so I can drive it around.
    I'll post a null'd save whenever I get it figured out. unless I'm expecting way too much out of liberty.

13. Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning Getting There

Ratings:
    I'm not ever good at this whole xyz thing, how do I make the player go up. like say he jumped 20% higher then normal he could get to the place I want to be, I am in right position, just not the right height?

14. Lord Zedd

Ratings:
    Not expecting too much from Liberty, but the game itself. If you want to do those things you'd have to mod the maps themselves.
    Add 1 or so to Z.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning Getting There

Ratings:
    Thanks. Now, I hope I can get the movement right.

I got it.

16. Halo 4

Halo 4 Lovin' that H4?

Ratings:
    I got a buddy who is having trouble with this. He does the Halo Reach Boosting and when the game ends, it skips the post game stats. I asked him some questions and with those I'm not sure what the problem may be.

He said that he doesn't have multiple accounts signed in, signed into LIVE, no other controllers. He even tried modding an additional save and still, skips the post game stats thus, not sending it over to Waypoint. He messaged me about this on TTG but I couldn't help him out much other than asking him some basic questions and trying it out myself to see if the Method was patched (it wasn't) so any idea on what this could be?
    [user]Amd42[/user]

17. Lord Zedd

Ratings:
    Was the save made offline?
    Any session that starts with a checkpoint made offline will not count on waypoint.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Only Hide

Only Hide Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I believe he ran a biped swap with a hologram, it worked for me.

19. Viper187

Viper187 Newbie

Ratings:
    I'm curious about a couple of things. First, how are Halo saves special in terms of editing? encryption? checksums? Second, has anyone considered adding support for the saves on the PC versions of the first 2 games or would they be drastically different? BTW, Is there an option on this thing to change the armor ability that's equipped on Reach? I'm running linux at the moment, so I can't exactly test it.

I have a pretty extensive background in gameshark and other cheat device related stuff (including assembly hacks, not just RAM freezing), and I'm thinking of trying my hand at some Xbox/PC game save modding. I'm just kind of kicking around ideas and looking for info at the moment.

20. The Devastator

The Devastator Newbie

Ratings:
    First off, I just have to say amazing job with this mod! I haven't been able to get it to work yet (just found out my xbox account didn't have a campaign saved at all which is probably why it didn't work), but I have a few questions.

Does this mod allow you to add weapons such as the turret like Jorge uses (not exact, but just a regular turret would be perfect too). Also, when you put in your gamesave, this is your account, right? Or do you have to find the individual campaign save from your profile? Like I said, I haven't been able to get it working yet but I'm going to try again soon once I play Halo: Reach later today.

Thanks if you give feedback, I would really enjoy this mod. :smile: Cheers!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013