What's new

Discussion .apk viewer?

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Diamonds Are Forever
Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone know of a program where you can view and edit .apk files?

I MIKE C I

I MIKE C I

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone know of a program where you can view and edit .apk files?
Well if you google "editing apk" there are lots of results which will help.
If you download 7-zip then you can open the apk in that and see the individual files inside the apk.

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Reaction score
Sin$
Well if you google "editing apk" there are lots of results which will help.
If you download 7-zip then you can open the apk in that and see the individual files inside the apk.

Thanks man. I used google before I made the topic, butt all I could find was websites that wanted money for a program that magically could read any type of format, but didn't trust anything I found. I used 7zip as you recommended, now I have to find ways to open the other odd files inside the folder. Such as, .dex .arsc and xml. Thanks for the help, plus rep.

RadiationS1knes

RadiationS1knes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Change the file extension from ".apk" to ".zip" and just extract it. An apk file is just a compressed zip file with a different extension.

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Reaction score
Sin$
I have solved this problem. Just need to know how to open an XML document. Every program I have tried so far won't open it.

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Reaction score
Sin$
You can open XML in notepad.

I tried that. But I'm guessing it's coded? When I open it up in notepad, I it's nothing but symbols, and I get an error message when using an XML program. If it helps, it's an app from Android that I am wanting to look into.

Luminate

Luminate

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried that. But I'm guessing it's coded? When I open it up in notepad, I it's nothing but symbols, and I get an error message when using an XML program. If it helps, it's an app from Android that I am wanting to look into.
Oh I think that their probably encrypted then, I'm not sure how you would go about decrypting them though.

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what app are you trying to edit cause i can guarantee you that any XML file on anything android related isnt encrypted
and if you have to you can decompile the apk using apktools, edit what you have to, than resign and recompile the apk file

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Reaction score
Sin$
what app are you trying to edit cause i can guarantee you that any XML file on anything android related isnt encrypted
and if you have to you can decompile the apk using apktools, edit what you have to, than resign and recompile the apk file

WorldWar. Trying to use the apktool out now. Not going to lie, I'm not sure what I am doing.

Top Bottom
Login
Register