What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Jailbreak Anyway to get your phones battery replaced by Apple on a jailbroken iPhone?

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello so I have a jailbroken iPhone XR it’s on iOS 14.5.1 and is gonna need a battery replacement soon. I already have apple care+ since I never really thought I would jailbreak it. But since Apple care gives free battery replacement I would like to get my battery replaced but I heard Apple doesn’t service jailbroken iPhones. Is there anyway to save my iOS version without updating to 15.1 so that way I’ll be able to keep my jailbreak and have a new battery?

Operating System
  1. iOS
Cellular Web

Cellular Web

Where wolf's ears are, wolf's teeth are near.
10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Jailbreaking your phone voids any warranty your phone has as it violates the end user agreement, but if you restore your phone to a retail version of iOS then they will have no way of knowing it was ever jailbroken. Just make sure when you do this you install a version that can still be jailbroken. Once doing this you’ll be able to get the battery replaced and then jailbreak your phone again.

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Jailbreaking your phone voids any warranty your phone has as it violates the end user agreement, but if you restore your phone to a retail version of iOS then they will have no way of knowing it was ever jailbroken. Just make sure when you do this you install a version that can still be jailbroken. Once doing this you’ll be able to get the battery replaced and then jailbreak your phone again.
Yea but won’t they update it? Is there anyway to get them to not update it? Is there any tweak to re enable battery health? I have an extra iPhone XR battery but I really like the battery health feature.

Cellular Web

Cellular Web

Where wolf's ears are, wolf's teeth are near.
10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea but won’t they update it? Is there anyway to get them to not update it? Is there any tweak to re enable battery health? I have an extra iPhone XR battery but I really like the battery health feature.
No, from my knowledge they wouldn't update the phone as they are just repairing the phone.

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No, from my knowledge they wouldn't update the phone as they are just repairing the phone.
Okay I’m not sure as I’ve heard people have had Apple update their phones when specifically said not to. So I’m not sure. Should I do restore root FS on uncover? And would that get rid of the jailbreak detection?

Top Bottom
Login
Register