What's new

Discussion Anyway of geting saved films from reach on pc with out bungie pro

L

lol343

Reaction score
well like the title said is there any way to do that i think there was a way with halo 3 but i dont know about reach.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
well like the title said is there any way to do that i think there was a way with halo 3 but i dont know about reach.
You no longer need to be bungie pro to purchase render minutes, anyone can do it. You can't subscribe to bungie pro anymore either, but existing members still receive the 5 minutes a month until their subscription runs out.

TheSilverhead

TheSilverhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe what he means, is can you take the file on a USB (Such as xerax's method for changing armor in films) convert it in some way, and have a computer-workable (.wmv) file.
reach.whatever -convert- reach.wmv

Edit: Lol, I swear i typed Xerax, not Xerox. Sorry to have laminated your good name, my friend.

L

lol343

Reaction score
I believe what he means, is can you take the file on a USB (Such as xerox's method for changing armor in films) convert it in some way, and have a computer-workable (.wmv) file.

Yes thats what i ment. Also this is my jtaged 360 that i what the video from.

ForceOperationX

ForceOperationX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Capture card is an easy solution, but not everyone has one.

Snake

Snake

Content Team
Video Connoisseur CotM TotM
Reaction score
I believe the videos are game data files and they can't be converted to video files. Same goes for Halo 3.

duzion

duzion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best chance is a HD-PVR, unlimited upload hours, works for any game/tv show/movie, no waiting.. Only thing is it's quite costly, but worth every cent.

iLegend

iLegend

Asian Hunny Enthusiast
Retired
Experienced Veteran MotM Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Your best bet would be a capture card. Check out this thread for more information/assistance.

Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
I believe what he means, is can you take the file on a USB (Such as xerox's method for changing armor in films) convert it in some way, and have a computer-workable (.wmv) file.

xerax* :wink:

And no, that won't work because reach doesn't save a video type of file. It's a script, and the Halo Engine runs the script and that allows you to move/fly around the map freely, rather than be locked into your 1st person PoV. So sadly, there is no method to convert like that. (Like iLegend said), he only method now is CaptureCard, or ask someone to capture it for you.

L

lol343

Reaction score
well s*** i only what to capture one video as this video is on my jtaged 360. Are Easycaps any good i dont what to spend a leg and a arm for one video.

supers0ak

supers0ak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about this, just link me to the clip, and I'll record it/upload it for you. I have an HD PVR myself.
my quality: http://youtube.com/supers0ak

TheSilverhead

TheSilverhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is also an EasyCap card on Amazon. It's like $5-$10, and usually 240p or 360p. not bad for almost nothing.

L

lol343

Reaction score
DrXthirst

DrXthirst

Seasoned Veteran Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
If you're interested in any type of capture card, your best bet is to search YouTube for a quality test. For example, I would type in "EasyCap Quality Test Halo."

I just tried it and came up with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJP6qlRKwz0

Not the best of quality, but it looks like $5-$10 quality to me. With capture cards, the old saying, "You get what you pay for" truly applies. Best of luck.

TehTacoGuy

TehTacoGuy

The taco who is also a guy
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
If you're interested in any type of capture card, your best bet is to search YouTube for a quality test. For example, I would type in "EasyCap Quality Test Halo."

I just tried it and came up with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJP6qlRKwz0

Not the best of quality, but it looks like $5-$10 quality to me. With capture cards, the old saying, "You get what you pay for" truly applies. Best of luck.
that doesnt look too bad though, to be honest.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
I have a capture card, but it sucks :frown:

Top Bottom
Login
Register