Anyone researching cracking NXE DVD Ripping

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Hackingandmodding, Jan 28, 2009 with 10 replies and 608 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hackingandmodding

Hackingandmodding Getting There

Ratings:
    Hello people I just wanted to know if anyone is planning on researching cracking that NXE ripping games still needs the disc to load thing.
    Since it needs a special authentication code for the game to load so what I am thinking is we could find these authentication codes burn them to a data disc so you could just rent the game copy it and enjoy just a thought. If this we could do though there would be chaos, because no one would really buy the game they would just rent it and the people who worked extra hard on making the game would get almost nothing so lets actually hope that no one will release it to the public! But still if someone could do that it would be pretty sick.

2. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    if you burned it to a disk you would need flashed frimware to play them.

3. OP
    Hackingandmodding

Ratings:
    Well if you can play burned demos you could probably load an authentication code correct?

4. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    chances are the authentication code on a demo says that its able to be played if its burned where as a normal games code probably says otherwise

everyone who has the know how to do this probably has hacked firmware so they probably arnt looking in to it that much.

Down the road if theres ixtream becomes detectable they will probably look in this more seriously

5. OP
    Hackingandmodding

Ratings:
  6. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    It's based on a media ID flag in the XEX header. A retail game is set to only be able to play from the special Xbox 360 disks that Microsoft created, while demos are made to be able to play from just about any format. If you change this flag, then you break the xex signature, which will render it completely useless.
    As for the NXE DVD ripping technique, what it does is stores all the game's files in a multi-part CON file on the hard-drive. You still need the disk because I do believe it doesn't store executables, and the executable media flag is still set to disk-only. So You still need the disk because you need the actual program to run the game itself.

7. VexxVoid

VexxVoid Semi Colon Close Parenthesis

Ratings:
    I've been trying to mess around so you can load the game then eject the game and keep playing it, but as soon as you remove the dvd, either eject or hotswap, the game stops playing.

8. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    From what I believe, the filesystem is still based off the DVD disk. So basically when the game requests a file that would normally be on the disk, it searches the disk's FS, and then that points to the CON file. I could be wrong though.

9. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    Don't mean to be rude, but if OP is trying to do anything with this, it does look a wee bit over your head.

Supposedly you can hotswap discs and still play them, but I do believe that the executables are still stored on the disc on launch. Reliable source, but not confirmed.

10. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    When you back up the HDD games, every single file is stored in there, including the xex.

11. xSK CrUsTyLiPx

xSK CrUsTyLiPx Getting There

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.