What's new

Solved Anyone know how to change KV on freeboot 0.032? (non Xenon)

• Thread starter thebombes123
  • Start date
  • Views 692
thebombes123

thebombes123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Any help would be appreciated, the console is on latest dash 17489 and from my understanding Xenon consoles can only work on freeboot 0.032, anything else would need to be downgraded? I was also looking more and it seemed to me like you need an exploitable dash to be able to downgrade freeboot

EDIT: I was thinking, since I have the keys for the console, can i just get a donor nand on dash 7371 or lower and rebuild it for my console with freeboot 0.030?

Thanks in advance guys 
I also saw something about removing hash blocks? If anyone could elaborate on that too i'd really appreciate it

Last edited:
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Any help would be appreciated, the console is on latest dash 17489 and from my understanding Xenon consoles can only work on freeboot 0.032, anything else would need to be downgraded? I was also looking more and it seemed to me like you need an exploitable dash to be able to downgrade freeboot
EDIT: I was thinking, since I have the keys for the console, can i just get a donor nand on dash 7371 or lower and rebuild it for my console with freeboot 0.030?
Thanks in advance guys 
I also saw something about removing hash blocks? If anyone could elaborate on that too i'd really appreciate it

Your question is really confusing to me.

Are you asking how to flash a KV to the Nand? If so, why are you flashing it to the nand?

thebombes123

thebombes123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Your question is really confusing to me.

Are you asking how to flash a KV to the Nand? If so, why are you flashing it to the nand?

Yes i am, am i really that noob? where else would i flash it? the console is banned and im not using stealth anymore so i cant just put it on the root of the hdd

thebombes123

thebombes123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
And every time I just flash the KV like you normally would it bricks my console and I have to get my nand flasher out and solder all the wires and **** 
Yes i know how to create the nand with the new kv but i read with freeboot version 0.032 it wont work because there's kv checks or hash blocks or some **** and only Xenon's will work like that on freeboot 0.032

I'm doing this on a Jasper 512mb, by the way

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
And every time I just flash the KV like you normally would it bricks my console and I have to get my nand flasher out and solder all the wires and **** 
Yes i know how to create the nand with the new kv but i read with freeboot version 0.032 it wont work because there's kv checks or hash blocks or some **** and only Xenon's will work like that on freeboot 0.032

I'm doing this on a Jasper 512mb, by the way

Ah gotcha.

Well, I did find this video:

There's also this extremely old guide:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/downgrading-freeboot-0-032-to-0-30-swap-kv.263789/

Keep in mind, all of these are from 2010 lol. Not sure if it'll fix whatever is wrong, but that is what you're looking for.

thebombes123

thebombes123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so I just use the kernel 9199 regardless of what dash I am currently on? It will downgrade just like that? And thank you i really needed the 0.0030 files

To be honest, I'm not sure. I've never had to downgrade freeboot before lol.

thebombes123

thebombes123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
To be honest, I'm not sure. I've never had to downgrade freeboot before lol.

I see in the readme it says
"As prerequisites you will need an image of your console updated to kernel 2.0.7371 and an archive "9199.zip" available at the usual places." so that means I need my original retail exploitable nand? what if i just use a donor one?

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

Thanks in advance guys 
Why are you trying to downgrade. I'm still confused? Do you just want a new KV on your nand without using a server to mount it?

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Just add the kv Using 360 flash tool, build with jrunner, and flash. The process is the same, regardless of what free boot your uusing

thebombes123

thebombes123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just add the kv Using 360 flash tool, build with jrunner, and flash. The process is the same, regardless of what free boot your uusing
so after i replace the kv with 360 flash tool i have to rebuild it for what? can you explain that for me please? im trying to also learn here too

thebombes123

thebombes123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also is it true i can just create a blank fcrt.bin file for building for a phat console? or should i just check off nofcrt in the XB Settings tab in jrunner

AGR Modz

AGR Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That is exactly what i needed, thank you, but all the links are megaupload....
If the kv isn't from the same type of console as yours you will brick your console. It won't let you go online with out stealth anyway so why don't you just put it on the root of your hard drive?

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If the kv isn't from the same type of console as yours you will brick your console. It won't let you go online with out stealth anyway so why don't you just put it on the root of your hard drive?
You can covert it from slim to phat. All you need is the right type of KV. 1 for xenons and some zephyrs, 2 for everything else.

AGR Modz

AGR Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can covert it from slim to phat. All you need is the right type of KV. 1 for xenons and some zephyrs, 2 for everything else.
Yeah, but i wouldn't really consider it as a problem. I would just ask sellers for a type one or type two kv. I don't really see the point of flashing a kv to the nand anyway. Unless your selling it or not wanting your kv to be stolen.

Top Bottom
Login
Register