What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Discussion Anyone Interested In Making A Minecraft Server?

• Thread starter teb
  • Start date
  • Views 2,048
teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Odysseus' Summit Scaling the Mountain Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I'm new to this area, but i was wondering if anyone wants to help out with a minecraft server. I'm Making an SMP Towney server and I don't really know where to start. So far i've bought a host and set up plugins/permissions/groups and thats it. Anyone that's interested is more than welcome to come help out making this.

Mods: If this is in the wrong area please move it as I couldn't find the right area.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Were you ever able to create a server?

teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Odysseus' Summit Scaling the Mountain Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I did but shortly after I gave up, I focused way more on se7ensins instead of putting all my focus on the Minecraft server.

M

mrw55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Now that I'm out of university for the summer, I've been getting the craving to start up a new minecraft world, since it's been about a year since I last seriously played. As much as I like building up my own world, it get's kind of lonely after a while. So, I got to thinking, would anyone here be interested in having a community Minecraft server?

It would be fully vanilla, with some basic rules (no stealing, no breaking other's builds, ect.). I could get one set up pretty easily, but I figured I'd check to see if there's at least a handful of people interested.

minecraft sever hsoting

Let me know what you think!

UPDATE: The server is now open! :smile:

You can connect to the server using the IP: 162.244.165.71:62110
If you need help connecting, just ask, it's pretty simple.

As a quick note, I thought it would be cool if we all traveled to the end together at some point, so ideally don't go heading there right away.

Last edited:
JazlynnHebert

JazlynnHebert

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
The idea of creating a server sounds really cool. Your server, your rules. But maybe it would be easier to find a server with the parameters you need among those that already exist. Separate from most servers can be a prison server. They are considered the gold classics of mink raft. Still, they are surprised by their atypicality and the vast possibilities for the player and his character. You can see a list of such servers on answers.microsoft.com. Prison plugins provide a lot of fun and make the gameplay much more exciting.

Last edited:
Natanorcus

Natanorcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I personally never had a minecraft server, i have owned Ark servers in the past through ASM and Nitrado but thats it. I might check out the server stated above sometime.

TravorBP

TravorBP

Reaction score
Sin$
It's great to see that you're starting up a Minecraft server. It can be a bit overwhelming at first but don't worry, there are plenty of people in the Minecraft community who are willing to help out. Have you tried posting on the Minecraft subreddit or joining some Minecraft Discord servers? Those are great places to find other Minecraft enthusiasts who might be interested in helping you out.

Top Bottom
Login
Register