Anyone here have any IT certifications?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by WATERSxCORE, Nov 20, 2008 with 7 replies and 163 views.

1. WATERSxCORE

WATERSxCORE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I was just wondering if anyone on here had any certifications like A+ or Network +. I am looking to get these two very soon so I can get my foot in the door for a good IT job.

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I don't have any although I will someday; they're terribly expensive and I can't afford to take the tests. But yes, they are essential to landing a good IT job

3. TerminatioN

TerminatioN AzzidReign loves GTA Retired

Ratings:
    I wouldn't say essential. I'm sure they are helpful, but not essential.

I've been talking with this company: [Click here to view the link]

About a paid internship after my Sophomore year (1.5 years from now :tongue:) and the guy told me as long as I had a fair amount of experience, decent grades, and passed their "tests" (not certification test or anything, just test to prove you know wtf you are doing) then it was likely I'd get one. Plus he said that most people who get paid internships come back the next summer(s) and when they graduate they basically have a job waiting for them.

Money in the bank b*tches. :biggrin:
    Sounds like my plan. :wink:

4. Nightcast

Nightcast Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I got my A+ in highschool, the school paid for it too:thumbup:

good luck.

5. OP
    WATERSxCORE

WATERSxCORE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    certifications and experience is a must in IT, That's why I wanted to know if anyone had theirs so you can tell me what u used to study.

6. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    There are classes you can take at community colleges that will prep you for the tests
    You can buy books, there are also online study guides that are very helpful
    Just figure out what tests you want to take, then start looking for resources

7. OP
    WATERSxCORE

WATERSxCORE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thanks I am currently looking to get my a+ and network+ then advance to better certs

8. Zarcu

Zarcu Contributor

Ratings:
    Its not that expensive but worth it. Proves you know a bit and jobs look for that. I got mine and paid for it.