What's new

Anyone got a tut to solder rumble wires back in?

• Thread starter TheGuruRue
  • Start date
  • Views 2,909
T

TheGuruRue

Reaction score
Earlier I was tearing my xbox one controller apart to change out my guide button, had done so before hand, well the left rumble motor*bottom* the wires came off the board, it does not really damage the controller unless you count that rumble working, I was wondering does anyone happen to have a tut how to solder the wires back onto the board?

M

MikeLawry

Seasoned Member
Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran Modder
Reaction score
just stip wire back a little, enough to see some metal contact. For both left and right wire.
Then heat up the pad apply a little solder and push wire in, remove the soldering iron and let the pad cool and harden, repeat to other wire and your done.

The board is marked with a "+" and a "-" to know where each wire is going.

T

TheGuruRue

Reaction score
What kind of soldering would you suggest? I just have never soldered anything before and do not want to damage the board any..

Have modded controllers a ton with my 3d printed stuff but never had to do this before and want to learn since I can see I will end up having to do this again down the line since those wires in the x1 controllers are so fragile.

O

oppie0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lead based or lead free
Rosin core flux
Don't use acid.
There's prob enoug solder on the board to reattach if wire broke. Jus strip heat n set

Top Bottom