What's new

Discussion Anyone feel the SMG is way overused?

SharpGhost

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Sinner Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
This really isn't a complaint, but it feels like almost every player is using sub machine guns. Literally I can go into a Team Deathmatch and 8 people out of 12 are using a MP7 or Vector.

In the past Call of Dutys, it was definitely a larger lean towards assualt rifle usage. However in this game, it seems that Treyarch may have given SMGs too much of an edge in this game with the way they designed a lot of the maps. People can easily cut corners and unload a fury of bullets before you can even take cover or fire back.

It's somewhat surprising and I'd like to hear you guys' opinion on it.

MONKEY7000

MONKEY7000

yosup
Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
I only really encounter SMGs in nuketown, most people use assault rifles or snipers against me

Soldier

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Legendary Veteran Free Hoster Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
This really isn't a complaint, but it feels like almost every player is using sub machine guns. Literally I can go into a Team Deathmatch and 8 people out of 12 are using a MP7 or Vector.

In the past Call of Dutys, it was definitely a larger lean towards assualt rifle usage. However in this game, it seems that Treyarch may have given SMGs too much of an edge in this game with the way they designed a lot of the maps. People can easily cut corners and unload a fury of bullets before you can even take cover or fire back.

I agree, almost every person i run into online either has the mp7 as there most used gun or the vector.

Aydind

Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
They are over used but though's are the best 2 guns in the game. Just like Modern Warfare 3 the MP7 and ACR were over used same thing. Not like it makes a difference you can get a shot gun and blow a guys head off with the MP7 or Vector.

Scrupulous

Scrupulous

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
PDW's with laser sight. Perfect hipfire from any range. People only use SMG's because of map size. Most maps are small to medium and the extra mobility helps. That and every gun on this game has no recoil so you can shoot across the map with them

FrazzleFrazer

FrazzleFrazer

HOLD THE DOOR
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If the other guns weren't so useless I guess they would use them aswell :/

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I notice a lot of people using the Remington shotgun. It's quite annoying.

taydun

taydun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say it's balanced don't go rushing around with an assault rifle and 9/10 you'll get the kill.. Smgs are made for close quarter domination. Idk just an opinion

Citizen87

Citizen87

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
24/7 Nuketown is rampant with SMG's, Shotguns and Snipers, pretty much all I ever see there. Everything seems more powerful and easier to use than in previous games. The SMG's are super accurate and very powerful with great range, shotguns extremely powerful and crazy range and sniping to me even seems easier...I use to never use a snipers in other COD's because I sucked at them but in this game I'm going prestige with all the guns.

run632

run632

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Only thing I see overused is the uav,cant wait to unlock ghost permanently .iv only played like 3 hours of game time so im only level 30..

NoBeefBoss

NoBeefBoss

Sports Fanatic
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree with you. It's just that they're really good guns.

Hardstyle 7s

Hardstyle 7s

Contributor
Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

I encounter SMG's a lot, But i have got to say the most over used one is the one on the already made the "scorpion class", I'm currently using the MSMC and i have to say it over powers most of the guns that i come in contact with.

Sideways AD

Sideways AD

Getting There
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
SMG's are the better weapon class. You either use a SMG and do well, or you don't.

UITMass

UITMass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I feel it's simply because SMG's are just the dominant weapon type to use.

rohly

rohly

rohly420
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey 5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Reasons why people use them:
-Barely any recoil
-Easy to drop shot with
-Easy to hipfire
-Takes a lot less bullets in this games then previous CODs

I use SMGs all the time and I can defiantly as that the damage in this game is a lot higher then other CODs. You kill with 3-4 bullets. I see this as a good and a bad. A good because it really takes away from knives. I don't think I've complained once about knives in this game. It's bad because it is so easy to kill with the guns. Very easy to kill.

However, I do see some inconsistency that I don't remember in other games. Some kills it will take 3 bullets and the next kill it will take 15 bullets. Quite strange. Maybe it's just my aim...

Top Bottom
Login
Register