What's new

Discussion Anyone Ever Buy Used Consoles From Gamestop?

• Thread starter murph fish
  • Start date
  • Views 1,905
murph fish

murph fish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay well I never have bought a used console from them until today and I must say for gamestop being mostly crap usually I was rather impressed. I was looking for an original console with a ben q drive for flashing purposes of course. For $149 I got the falcon board with the ben q drive but this is were my mind was blown. Upon opening the xclamps were fixed properly. They did an immaculate job on the fan mod by far the best work I have seen. The heat syncs were better than the stock and everything looked like it was very well done. With my past of buying refurbished consoles I have never encountered this. I even got the original white controller with the light grey thumbsticks. Anyone else know if I just lucked out or gamestop actually sells quality referbs? Considering going back there for all referbs now. Let my know your input thanks.

slvrndblck34

slvrndblck34

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have, but I never did pull the whole xbox apart just the disk drive so I could flash it

Cookie

Cookie

Chocolate Chip :)
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a refurbished slim only to find it didn't work, then returned it and bought another that worked for an hour and then didn't work, and finally bought another after returning it, and the 3rd one worked. Refurbished consoles from gamestop suck, unless I just have bad luck.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought my first xbox from them had to replace it 4 times the second I plugged them all in they were all red ringed.

Gamestop really should start checking their consoles.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought my first xbox from them had to replace it 4 times the second I plugged them all in they were all red ringed.

Gamestop really should start checking their consoles.

And if you want to hear some stories about them I bought a used controller from them and it had an intensafire mod in it.

murph fish

murph fish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes because it is too easy to sell them a banned console. They only check if it turns on and can run a disc.
well i mean i updated to the newest dash without a problem i dont think its flagged or will get banned

JayHull

JayHull

Another Piece Of The Puzzle...The Final Piece
Reaction score
Sin$
I use to always buy the refurbished ones and then trade them in before their year warranty was up :wink:

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I have used gamestop a few time to get some Trinitys to RGH because I didnt feel like getting all the parts for a Corona :biggrin: Worked out fine every time.

Crucify

Crucify

Let's do this!
Mythical Veteran Jokester AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
I know a friend who bought a used console from Game stop and I was surprised on how well the console works. He's owned that console for about a year now and it's still running strong. The only concern that I noticed is that the controller it came with was all greasy and nasty looking.

Top Bottom
Login
Register