What's new

Anyone else having trouble with passing in Ultimate Team?

Redox

Redox

Cisco Certified
Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
No matter how much i play can't manage to get it down, i have a half decent premier league team, 100 chemistry, on paper i should be running through lower rated teams but every time i play my players just can't pass, ill have the thumb stick pointed directly at the player yet he'll hell try pass to the player way further out or just somehow mess up a simple pass, anyone else experiencing this or is there another controller setup i could use? Its fine in regular kick off or normal head to head seasons, just ultimate team!

FrankSinatra

FrankSinatra

.aep
Reaction score
Sin$
That's quite strange, have you tried using a different UT squad?

Edit: It may also even be your formation, try switching it up just to see if your passing improves.

Redox

Redox

Cisco Certified
Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
That's quite strange, have you tried using a different UT squad?
Yeah i have swapped players around 4 or 5 times now, my last setup i had 3 players up front with 90+ pace but couldn't even beat defenders on the wing, they always managed to catch up with me, that and the passing has just made playing ultimate team awful!

MrFifa

MrFifa

Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't pass with your back to your players. Make sure you have good control of the ball and that it's an easy, achievable pass.

Redox

Redox

Cisco Certified
Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't pass with your back to your players. Make sure you have good control of the ball and that it's an easy, achievable pass.
One example is I'm in the box, one of my players is free in the center, i tap x to pass to him but it attempts to pass to the player behind him near the rear of the box, if i had my back turned or didn't have great control over the ball I'd understand but it's such simple passes, taking a break from it now before i break my controller, will try again and hopefully figure it out haha

Dazee

Dazee

The World Is Yours
Fabled Veteran Bright Idea Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
No matter how much i play can't manage to get it down, i have a half decent premier league team, 100 chemistry, on paper i should be running through lower rated teams but every time i play my players just can't pass, ill have the thumb stick pointed directly at the player yet he'll hell try pass to the player way further out or just somehow mess up a simple pass, anyone else experiencing this or is there another controller setup i could use? Its fine in regular kick off or normal head to head seasons, just ultimate team!
If you have ~100k, I'd recommend this team in a 4-2-3-1

6pxzUW3.png

That should only cost you 10k-15k on Xbox and maybe the same on the PS4.

But if you have 100k I'd either buy Lahm or Boateng (I'd maybe replace Rode with Lahm and sub on Rode at half time for Bender).
g

Redox

Redox

Cisco Certified
Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$

6pxzUW3.png

But if you have 100k I'd either buy Lahm or Boateng (I'd maybe replace Rode with Lahm and sub on Rode at half time for Bender).
g

After my transfer list is empty i should have 90-100k, ill give this team a try! Cheers dude.

Dazee

Dazee

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
Sin$
After my transfer list is empty i should have 90-100k, ill give this team a try! Cheers dude.
People says you can't use pace to your advantage but Kostic and Traore always gets up the wing and provides good crosses for me. It's the same with Bruma and Jese who I use for my main team (La Liga team).

Yiddo

Yiddo

Fabled Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
It's the game not your team / formation, its been **** for years.

Awaiting the fanboys to comment about having skill and playing on manual.

RASTAVOODOO

RASTAVOODOO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yes i agree the game is broken most people have good team that cost money and still get beat by someone with a 2k team or even less..iam rubbish at the game anyways allways have been but still play it get beat every match..watched all the videos..guide..but still nothing help.. 

6pxzUW3.png

g
can you name the players please..

Dazee

Dazee

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
Sin$
yes i agree the game is broken most people have good team that cost money and still get beat by someone with a 2k team or even less..iam rubbish at the game anyways allways have been but still play it get beat every match..watched all the videos..guide..but still nothing help.. 

can you name the players please..
Burki, Bernat, Schar, Ginter, Caicera, Kostic, Bender, Castro, Rode, Traore and Ramos.

AZZA94

AZZA94

YNWA
Reaction score
Sin$
Feels exactly the same for me mate. Passing out from the back seems impossible as well its either way too soft, straight to an opponents player or to the wrong/offside player it does my head in.

M4YON

M4YON

Se7ensins Beast
Mythical Veteran Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
It's the game not your team / formation, its been **** for years.

Awaiting the fanboys to comment about having skill and playing on manual.

Passing has never been as bad as it is this year Yiddo, maybe people notice more this year because blocking and interceptions are so overpowered.

Redox

Redox

Cisco Certified
Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
Feels exactly the same for me mate. Passing out from the back seems impossible as well its either way too soft, straight to an opponents player or to the wrong/offside player it does my head in.
Today i played with a shite team, used random players from my club, bronze silver few gold, 48-50 chemistry and actually played well with them, won 3/5 games i used them for.

Y

yousefamr

Reaction score
Sin$
Today i played with a ****e team, used random players from my club, bronze silver few gold, 48-50 chemistry and actually played well with them, won 3/5 games i used them for.
Seems Like Handicap Still Exists

Redox

Redox

Cisco Certified
Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
Seems Like Handicap Still Exists
it does, as well the ref is a disastrous, the amount of times i've been tackled, kept possession, and got a man through one on one with the keeper after a few seconds of play then the ref blows the whistle to bring it back to a free.

Top Bottom
Login
Register