What's new

Solved Anyone else having issues with RGH 1.2 , freezing, not booting?

J

jared911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've done 10 rgh 1.2's on falcons and jaspers on Rev C's

Now, before i send these out (not off this site), i do 20 boots per console, and each one boots fine. I have had very little problems if any with the install, and booting
Then for some reason, when they reach the customer, i have no idea what happens, but 2 of them had freezing issues, or not booting at all. They all get them and they work, but then all of a sudden

I don't know if the customers are downloading corrupting files, it's the chip, or what, but these consoles work perfect before shipped, and then all of a sudden.

I route the wires all the same on every RGH 1.2 console

Input?

Last edited:
EliteConsoleModz

EliteConsoleModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if they were working perfectly fine, then they probably messed the console themselves like updating from MS or failing an update. ive had customers tell me they have updated from microsoft when dash 17349 came out and they were complaining that i screwed them over. well they need to do research before they buy because they are not supposed to do that. but otherwise i think you are fine brotha. its gotta be the customers fault

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
if they were working perfectly fine, then they probably messed the console themselves like updating from MS or failing an update. ive had customers tell me they have updated from microsoft when dash 17349 came out and they were complaining that i screwed them over. well they need to do research before they buy because they are not supposed to do that. but otherwise i think you are fine brotha. its gotta be the customers fault
While it can be, it's all dependent on the circumstances. Most of the time it's a random plugin, but if it freeezes with nothing added, it's on the installer.

I've done 10 rgh 1.2's on falcons and jaspers on Rev C's

Now, before i send these out (not off this site), i do 20 boots per console, and each one boots fine. I have had very little problems if any with the install, and booting
Then for some reason, when they reach the customer, i have no idea what happens, but 2 of them had freezing issues, or not booting at all. They all get them and they work, but then all of a sudden

I don't know if the customers are downloading corrupting files, it's the chip, or what, but these consoles work perfect before shipped, and then all of a sudden.

I route the wires all the same on every RGH 1.2 console

Input?
RGH1.2 is unique because it has all the problems of RGh1 and RGH2. It could be a SMC issue causing the freezing especially with falcons or a PLL_bypass issue with jaspers.

J

jared911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
While it can be, it's all dependent on the circumstances. Most of the time it's a random plugin, but if it freeezes with nothing added, it's on the installer.

RGH1.2 is unique because it has all the problems of RGh1 and RGH2. It could be a SMC issue causing the freezing especially with falcons or a PLL_bypass issue with jaspers.

Ok, but there is no way to prove it. If i boot a console 20 straight times to dashboard perfectly fine. Then after a week, the buyer complains that's its freezing, how is that on the installer? Will a buyer actually be honest and say they didn't install anything, update etc...? what's the chances of a buyer being honest? They don't want to be responsible from what i see, especially if this is their first RGH, on top of being kids

I'm sure every seller has had a return(s). How many have you gotten back where the buyer opened it, after saying they didn't? I have had a handful of these buyers, removing my void sticker and buying some replacements on ebay with mismatching bar codes

Last edited:
J

jared911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

I agree. And they will say that you scammed them, ripped them off etc..
It's they don't take responsibility. No matter how much you tell them to research before they buy, they just don't. It's the excitement of having one.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, but there is no way to prove it. If i boot a console 20 straight times to dashboard perfectly fine. Then after a week, the buyer complains that's its freezing, how is that on the installer? Will a buyer actually be honest and say they didn't install anything, update etc...? what's the chances of a buyer being honest? They don't want to be responsible from what i see, especially if this is their first RGH, on top of being kids

I'm sure every seller has had a return(s). How many have you gotten back where the buyer opened it, after saying they didn't? I have had a handful of these buyers, removing my void sticker and buying some replacements on ebay with mismatching bar codes
For one, if you update over live it will brick the console. It won't boot. Second, if the install was good, if you delete the launch.ini and play a game, it shouldn't freeze. Just because it boots 100 times, doesn't necessarily mean it won't freeze 15-30 minutes into a game if the smc isnt right, or you have too big a cap somewhere.

Top Bottom
Login
Register