Anybody willing to hex edit a Mass Effect 2 Save?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by I m a g i n e, Feb 3, 2010 with 28 replies and 2,426 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I m a g i n e

I m a g i n e Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've tried it a few times, not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    But I really don't know hex code all that much and was hoping if someone could edit the save for credits/elements for me.

If your don't mind I guess let me know and I'll get a copy of my save to you.

2. xAnimal

xAnimal Clay Carmine

Ratings:
    What do you want modded? Credits, Minerals, skill points and shepards skill points?

3. OP
    I m a g i n e

I m a g i n e Enthusiast

Ratings:
  4. heathj

heathj Enthusiast

Ratings:
    here it is all minerals and credits maxed (you may need to resign it) i did it quick so back up your current one before replacing it just incase of corruption but it should be fine.

link: [Click here to view the link]

5. DT2

DT2 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  6. OP
    I m a g i n e

I m a g i n e Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks very much guys. :thumbup:

7. Aberosh1819

Aberosh1819 Newbie

Ratings:
    Is it cool if I jump on for this as well? I'm having no end of frustration with making a go at this on my own (in spite of the EXCELLENT tutorial). Most recently it (ME2) said that a file was corrupted, I opted not to delete the corrupted save. Opened the save, and none of the modded values were there.

Current Values:
    Palladium: 53324
    Iridium: 77928
    Platinum: 2849
    Element Zero: 15418
    Credits: 153165

I'd love to have all of them around the 500k mark, as that'll clear me for all of the final upgrades and purchases (I reckon).

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I'll be thrilled if someone could help me out with this over the weekend, road trip preventing me from getting back on before Sunday evening <_<

8. DT2

DT2 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Here ya go!

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aberosh1819

Aberosh1819 Newbie

Ratings:
    Thanks! I can't send PMs yet, and won't be able to try it until Sunday or Monday, but you RULE for the quick turnaround! When I can PM, I'll shoot you some questions if that's cool :smile:

10. heathj

heathj Enthusiast

Ratings:
    im working on a tool for this, so far ive managed to pull offsets out for the credits and elements just working on a way to read the offset to memory (in the program) then use it in a binaryread function to set the offset position for editing from the one in memory then make it editable and save etc, but i have got it reading the offsets now (as they aren't static and vary from save to save it was a challenge for me as im a begginer in c#) but yeah im progressing

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    I m a g i n e

I m a g i n e Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah I can't wait for a tool also bro.
    Sucks tho, I can't play with it since my 360 E 74'ed me.. 6th or 7th time its gone back!

12. heathj

heathj Enthusiast

Ratings:
    damn sorry to hear that, 360's are so unreliable, ive had my laser go on my old one and i know people who have had RRoD at least 3 times im on my 3rd xbox 360 myself, it seems microsoft made them to break so you have to buy a new one once your warranty is gone. my one friend had to pay 60 just for the microsoft repair center place to fix it after his warranty had gone it terrible, good luck getting it fixed dude :smile:

13. Aberosh1819

Aberosh1819 Newbie

Ratings:
    Ahhh.... excellent! No more farting around for the last bits! Thanks again!

14. popmarvel

popmarvel Newbie

Ratings:
  15. heathj

heathj Enthusiast

Ratings:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. popmarvel

popmarvel Newbie

Ratings:
    THE CHANGES DIDNT SHOW UP

17. heathj

heathj Enthusiast

Ratings:
    when you put it back onto the hard drive and started the game you have to "load game" not "resume" or they wont show (it was the save number 11 that i modded, which was the latest one you made)

18. popmarvel

popmarvel Newbie

Ratings:
    I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENEND BUT SAVE 11 WASNT FROM MY CHARACTER WOULD YOU ND TRYIG AGAIN I MADE A NEW SAVE ITS SAVE 8 HERES THE LINK THANKS AGAIN

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

19. DT2

DT2 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  20. heathj

heathj Enthusiast

Ratings:
    same as before backup your current one incase of mistakes, then put this one onto your hardrive in its place (may need resigning)

and "load game" not "resume"

modded credits and all elements

link: [Click here to view the link]