What's new

Discussion anybody else have these errors with upgrading?

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So I used to be on windows 10 but at that time my PC was having huge audio and video errors with Microsofts built in apps so I went back to windows 7

Now I am willing to go back to 10 but both the Media creation tool and the basic update give me errors.

The Media creation tool just says there was an error trying to install windows 10 please restart your computer and try again.

And the basic upgrade asks me to uninstall a program that is not on my computer and will not get past that part of the upgrade. Does anyone else have these problems with upgrading?

Operating System
  1. Windows
Z

zzANONYMOUSzz

Reaction score
Sin$
So I used to be on windows 10 but at that time my PC was having huge audio and video errors with Microsofts built in apps so I went back to windows 7

Now I am willing to go back to 10 but both the Media creation tool and the basic update give me errors.

The Media creation tool just says there was an error trying to install windows 10 please restart your computer and try again.

And the basic upgrade asks me to uninstall a program that is not on my computer and will not get past that part of the upgrade. Does anyone else have these problems with upgrading?
what errors do you get?
What program does it ask to uninstall?
What are you creating the image on, using what program?
Where did you get windows 10 from?
have you used the free upgrade from Microsoft yet?

underneath the free upgrade option on there page there is a installer download that you can click on to download windows 10 is and do it yourself. you must have your OS activated though or have a product key.

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
what errors do you get?
What program does it ask to uninstall?
What are you creating the image on, using what program?
Where did you get windows 10 from?
have you used the free upgrade from Microsoft yet?

underneath the free upgrade option on there page there is a installer download that you can click on to download windows 10 is and do it yourself. you must have your OS activated though or have a product key.
I was able to fix it by mashing the upgrade now button until it upgraded

the program it was asking me to uninstall was HP ProtectTools security manager, I made the image with the Windows 10 Media creation tool that I downloaded directly from Microsoft

Z

zzANONYMOUSzz

Reaction score
Sin$
I was able to fix it by mashing the upgrade now button until it upgraded

the program it was asking me to uninstall was HP ProtectTools security manager, I made the image with the Windows 10 Media creation tool that I downloaded directly from Microsoft
is windows 10 any good?
I got the update app in the bottom right corner then installed kali Linux over window lol :facepalm: now I cant get a "free upgrade" anymore.

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
is windows 10 any good?
I got the update app in the bottom right corner then installed kali Linux over window lol :facepalm: now I cant get a "free upgrade" anymore.
ya I like it, the only issue that I have been having is when I watch video or listen to audio in any of the installed apps but its not that hard to use something like VCL player

and I only put it on my laptop mostly because I like to have my desktop at a 100% stable windows 7

Z

zzANONYMOUSzz

Reaction score
Sin$
ya I like it, the only issue that I have been having is when I watch video or listen to audio in any of the installed apps but its not that hard to use something like VCL player

and I only put it on my laptop mostly because I like to have my desktop at a 100% stable windows 7
may just need a driver update for the graphic card?

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
may just need a driver update for the graphic card?
iv tried alot of things and talked to there support and non of them can figure out the issue but its fine, atleast the problem does not happen when i'm streaming my xbox one to it

Z

zzANONYMOUSzz

Reaction score
Sin$
lol, well at least you got the OS you wanted and VLC is the best in my opinion. peace out:smile:

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you tried to just do a clean install?
I did't need to, as it seems if you just mash the uninstall button when it prompts you to uninstall it will eventually get past it and start updating, so I am now on windows 10

Top Bottom
Login
Register