Any Way to Download?

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by PAC ATAK, Nov 12, 2008 with 12 replies and 195 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAC ATAK

PAC ATAK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    so im trying to download mozilla on my comp at school but everytime i go to download i get slapped with the web blocker. any way i can get past this?

2. S y N I K a L

S y N I K a L /ˈsɪn·ɪ·kəl/ Premium

Ratings:
    Put Mozilla on a USB drive from home, bring the USB drive to school, and plug it into a computer and load Mozilla.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UKmonkey

UKmonkey Getting There

Ratings:
  4. RvB rox

RvB rox Member

Ratings:
    or put it in the program files and find access to the registry.
    im still trying to find a way to gain access to the registry. im thinking of making a new acc with cmd but idk if i will get caught

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    PAC ATAK

PAC ATAK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    all thanked...and i was thinking about that but i didnt want to get caught ha ha

Request denied by WatchGuard HTTP proxy. for both of them...i used a proxy to get around them and then it blocked the DL so i couldnt =\ im just going to use the flash drive and transfer from my home comp. thanks again.

6. UKmonkey

UKmonkey Getting There

Ratings:
  7. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Yeah just use whatever works. The flash drive sounds like a good idea.

If for some reason that doesn't work, then just search "Start using CGIproxy" in google exactly how I typed it. Click on every single one until you find a proxy that isn't blocked (you will, it just may take a little bit).

Then go to the page with the download. Right click and go to download properties. Copy the download link to your clipboard and go back to the cgi proxy page. Paste that and there you go, it works. :smile:

8. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Most schools block proxy websites, but you can make your own, host it online, and keep it quiet. Then just use that to go to whatever website you want to download it from. That's assuming I'm reading correctly, and they just blocked the web address. If not, then just grab your flash drive like they said. If you don't have one, an iPod or something will do just fine!

9. NicksMods

NicksMods Contributor

Ratings:
    and cmd isnt blocked then you can install it through there:thumbup:

10. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Because using the command prompt to install software on Windows is always easier than buying a flash drive for someone who can't configure and host their own proxy site? Just saying, and no offense to anyone... lex parsimoniae for the win. When answering a question, don't assume that the user knows how to do much of anything on the subject. If they did, why would they be asking questions about it?

11. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Oh and if the USB from home won't work, google Portable Firefox from the Portable Apps suite. :biggrin:

12. Sharp Focus

Sharp Focus Getting There

Ratings:
    You know what is funny?
    Se7en is not blocked at our school. I go on it all the time.

Yeah, just go with the flashdrive.
    Post results.

13. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    It isn't for me either.

He just posted another thread trying to get his Project 64 emulator downloaded at school and says the flash drive idea won't work.

But PAC, if you'll do as I told you then you'll have both of these programs downloaded in no time lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.