Any one intrested

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Lost4468, Dec 2, 2008 with 10 replies and 593 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lost4468

Lost4468 Contributor

Ratings:
    Hi, is anyone interested in modding fallout 3 with me, there are some armours and weapons that never made the final release and are only available on pc, coudnt we just change the hex code for a weapon in the save file so it loads one of the other weapons/armours?

2. OP
    Lost4468

Lost4468 Contributor

Ratings:
    Certion ones will be on the game disc, such as (spoiler alert) the giant robot lasers, you can equip them, and his atomic bomb chucking). But the items which didn't make it to the cut should be there, because, the game was out the same time as pc, and Bethesda wont confirm they where taken out, leading to specualtion that there is soemthing undiscovered about them.

3. OP
    Lost4468

Lost4468 Contributor

Ratings:
    I wouldn't know how to do the first, but all the weapon Id's are listed on there forums, so It should be the same of the 360, how would I map out the game save?

4. OP
    Lost4468

Lost4468 Contributor

Ratings:
    Hmm, you know any one who will help me and has the game XD. I asked unknown v2 and he said he would but he doesn't have the game.

5. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I will :biggrin: My PC isn't good enough to even run Fallout 3, so I just play the 360 version. Find me info related to it, and I'll see what I can do.

6. OP
    Lost4468

Lost4468 Contributor

Ratings:
    Well, each item got a hex code ([Click here to view the link]) so I made a save game, and opened it in a hex editor and done a search for the number of one of the weapons I was carrying, but it couldn't find anything, that's why I need help.

7. TJF

TJF Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm inexperienced in trying to mod a game originally(I wasn't sure how to word that), but I'm willing to help in any way I can. I'm going to try to do the same thing that you were lost, except I doubt it will just work like that. :smile:

This is what I have done/attempted: I opened up the con file and extracted the save game. Then I did a quick test/mod to change my title, but I don't know how to get the file back in the con.. help?

8. OP
    Lost4468

Lost4468 Contributor

Ratings:
    I didn't think I would have to extract it from the CON, would I?

Edit: looks like im stuck on the same part as you now, after using WXPIRS, to extract. ([Click here to view the link])

9. TJF

TJF Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I used it to(from the halo 3 toybox) and in there there were actual things listed out(name, title, etc) so I thought that would be a good first step. But all I know how to do is inject a sandbox file into it... so.. lol, I don't know what to do.

10. TheHeartless

TheHeartless Getting There

Ratings:
    I know you all haven't talked about it recently, but there is a G.E.C.K. program out now for the PC version, so you can build your own stuff and insert it into the game, so maybe you can use that to do whatever it is you are all wanting to do. Hope this helps you.

11. OP
    Lost4468

Lost4468 Contributor

Ratings:
    Sorry to bump an old thread but is anybody still intrested?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.