What's new

Solved Any one have success with these disks?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I just ordered 25 TDK dual layers So I was wondering if anyone has had any success with them for burning games especially over burning. I read a few thinks on xbox360iso and supposedly they are pretty close to Verbatim quality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817131068

Last edited:
Harben

Harben

Future IT Guy
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I just ordered 25 TDK dual layers So I was wondering if anyone has had any success with them for burning games especially over burning. I read a few thinks on xbox360iso and supposedly they are pretty close to Verbatim quality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817131068

I7zDBbv.png

You could be in luck, VERBATIMs are ideal, doesn't mean they are the only ones that will work for you.

Crucify

Crucify

Let's do this!
Mythical Veteran Jokester AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
I've never used those disks and I've only tried Memorex and Verbatim. If you found out that they are close to Verbatim through the forums, then I guess it's worth a shot especially the price on them.

Harben

Harben

Future IT Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope I'm in luck and don't have ti adjust any settings lol they are really cheap and great.

Some links you could always read about the debate between the two:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=735458
http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-152/tdk_dl_r_vs_verbatum_dl_r_for_xbox_360_backup-832427/

People have had a lot of luck with TDKs, but everyone always vouches for Verbatim disks because all the big names in the scene say that Verbatim disks are the only way to go.

It's extremely annoying.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I used to use TDK brand disks for Dreamcast games all the time and they worked great. So while I can't say anything about their newer disks I know that the brand at least used to be good if not so now.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just want to say that these disks are great! I just overburned Black Ops 2 to it fine.

The only con I encountered was that I couldn't burn at the 8x or 6x speed like I usually do they said It was an error mentioning something about Optimum Power calibration.

Harben

Harben

Future IT Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Just want to say that these disks are great! I just overburned Black Ops 2 to it fine.

The only con I encountered was that I couldn't burn at the 8x or 6x speed like I usually do they said It was an error mentioning something about Optimum Power calibration.

Personally, I find the lower speed gives me a better burn.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Personally, I find the lower speed gives me a better burn.

Well my drive only supports 4x 6x 8x I just like using the highest I can just to be different lel.

Well I'm on my 6th TDK disk and all of them where fine only one bad one and that was the first one where I got that power error.

I've overburned half of those and all work great! I'm defiantly buying these again they are close if not the same quality as verbs.

Kite Kite I'm tagging you just as a hope for you to save some money.

Kite

Kite

How do you high?
Reaction score
Sin$
Well my drive only supports 4x 6x 8x I just like using the highest I can just to be different lel.

Well I'm on my 6th TDK disk and all of them where fine only one bad one and that was the first one where I got that power error.

I've overburned half of those and all work great! I'm defiantly buying these again they are close if not the same quality as verbs.

Never the same quality of verbs. Close but not the same.

lel

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$

Not sure if you know or not, but games that are overburned are not safe to play online. Just a heads up if you didn't know.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure if you know or not, but games that are overburned are not safe to play online. Just a heads up if you didn't know.

From what I learned they are as long as they are over burned correctly to the 8.7gb instead of 8.5 and that is done via burner max payload and is needed for the extra security checks in XGD3 games.

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
From what I learned they are as long as they are over burned correctly to the 8.7gb instead of 8.5 and that is done via burner max payload and is needed for the extra security checks in XGD3 games.
With BurnerMax enabled, Truncate or Overburn shouldn't even be an option. It would just burn.

Top Bottom
Login
Register