What's new

Discussion Any Gamers here use Gunnar Optics?

E

eFrauny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking into buying pair of Gunnar Intercepts (Ray Ban-like ones) and was wondering if anyone here used them and had any input into this? I was always interested in them but never actually looked into getting one until now. If you have a pair, do they help? I get headaches easily ( had 4 concussions when i was younger ) Thanks for any feedback : D

If anyone is wondering about the specifics of the glasses.. here they are.
PRICE: $69.00 - http://shop.gunnars.com/intercept/d/1027_c_200

B

Bhursty

Getting There
Reaction score
I've used them a lot, and I like them. They really excel when you use them with long gaming sessions. They help stunt the amount of fatigue you get and ease the stress on your eyes. However, after using them for a couple of hours straight, you really start to notice the weight they have on your ears. I'm sure that was only with the pair that I had, as I know they make very light pairs now.

For me, I feel that the biggest reason for why someone would buy a pair of these glasses would be to be able to game longer without fatigue setting in. If you do decide to buy a pair, don't expect them to instantly bump up your game and make you play better.

E

eFrauny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used them a lot, and I like them. They really excel when you use them with long gaming sessions. They help stunt the amount of fatigue you get and ease the stress on your eyes. However, after using them for a couple of hours straight, you really start to notice the weight they have on your ears. I'm sure that was only with the pair that I had, as I know they make very light pairs now.

For me, I feel that the biggest reason for why someone would buy a pair of these glasses would be to be able to game longer without fatigue setting in. If you do decide to buy a pair, don't expect them to instantly bump up your game and make you play better.
ok. Do they make the game look yellow or just brighten it up?

B

Bhursty

Getting There
Reaction score
ok. Do they make the game look yellow or just brighten it up?
They remove various shades of grey, yellow, and blue from the game. That is what prevents eye fatigue from setting in. The game doesn't look that different when you wear them, but you'll notice the game to be slightly brighter.

C

Chaarky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you wear glasses, you can get them to put a coating on your lenses that do something similar, i have it and it really helps alot, especially when you're looking at 4-5 screens at once.

E

eFrauny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you wear glasses, you can get them to put a coating on your lenses that do something similar, i have it and it really helps alot, especially when you're looking at 4-5 screens at once.
thanks. Which gunnars do u own? and also does it come with a case to put them in?

C

Chaarky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I no longer own any, I have the lenses of my glasses coated with that stuff

Top Bottom