• Views 26,513
SSL

SSL

Pepe Le Pew
Frame In Gold Free Hoster Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm, sounds interesting. What are your thoughts on Norton Anti-Virus?
*I sound like a news reporter.* :tongue:
3 years lateri give my opinion. lol. norton is amazing IF you have a fast computer. I have a 2.0ghz intel core, with 4gb ram (3.20 Usable) and it blows. lol, i like AVG also, but it detects like everything as a virus, even when its found infected and says "Not.A.Virus" lol

Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Anti virus does not protect you against viruses, I assure you.

Antivirus

Antivirus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone have an opinion on Total Defense: Internet Security Suite because i have an unused copy sitting next to my t.v. and i was wondering whether or not to install it because right now all i'm using is an Avast trial which has 14 or so days left on it and the Security suite has a year of protection on up to 3 devices. any input would be greatly appreciated. :smile:
Total Defense is not to good of a security product if i suggest try ESET it is considered top of my list and i do extensive testing with this type of software.

F

Fire First

Information tab on my profile to find out about me
Reaction score
Sin$
Anti virus is pointless in my opinion.

U cranky bro

U cranky bro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why Buy Antivirus Software?

Today, an unprotected computer isn’t just vulnerable, it’s probably already infected. New viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, and other malware are created every day. New threats are disguised to bypass other security measures, and specifically designed to catch you and your PC off guard.

The virus landscape has also changed; viruses that used to be annoying pranks have evolved into pernicious threats capable of not only destroying your computer, but stealing your information and identity.

The benefits of installing a basic security solution on your PC are obvious, but the cost in system slowdown used to make it tough to bear. Luckily, modern antivirus software haven’t just improved their level of protection, they’ve significantly improved resource efficiency and overall speed. You can have ultimate protection without giving up your resources. With advanced technologies and straightforward usability, antivirus software is more effective than ever, and doesn’t require constant maintenance from you. Current antivirus programs deliver constant protection and can actually speed up your computer.

Antivirus Software: What to Look For

All security software is not created equal. Like all consumer products, antivirus software has the good, the bad, and the mediocre. The choices for antivirus protection are many and varied. Although we haven’t reviewed each and every product available, we feature the absolute best antivirus software available today from a number of providers (including big-hitters, lesser-knowns, and new-comers), and compare them so you can match your needs with the right software.

Remember when it really comes down to it, effectiveness and usability can either make or break antivirus software. Security programs are only as good as their level of protection, and if you can’t figure out how to use it, you won’t. Our top-ranked antivirus software combine optimal security with user-friendly features and tools.

Below are the criteria Top Ten REVIEWS uses to evaluate and compare antivirus software:

Scope of Protection
While most security solutions tout “multi-layered” protection, “360 degree” defense and/or even “100%” security, some are certainly more thorough than others. The best antivirus solutions will include traditional protection from viruses, worms, Trojans and spyware, but should also include defense from keyloggers, phishing scams, email-borne threats and rootkits. While antivirus programs are by no means full-blown internet security suites, they should protect from as many threats on as many fronts as they can.

Effectiveness
Antivirus is specifically designed to protect your computer, so if it doesn’t do that well, what good is it? All the features, bells and whistles, or sleek interface can’t make up for poor performance. We look at results from the industry-standard security software testers and professional security organizations to find the most effective software available and evaluate overall effectiveness. In general, our highest ranked programs are also the most effective.

Ease of Installation and Setup
Security software shouldn’t be a chore to install, and should have you protected as soon as possible. From download to install, to the first scan; implementing antivirus software should be quick and easy.

Ease of Use
Antivirus software is complex stuff, but shouldn’t require a degree in computer security. The best security programs have all the features security experts want, but are just as easily used by a beginner. Everyday computer users want a security solution that they can install and forget about; software that doesn’t require constant maintenance or have annoying interruptions. The best antivirus software is flexible enough to do exactly what you want to (even if that means running by itself).

Features
A well-rounded feature set takes a security solution from good to great. More than bells and whistles, added features provide security, usability and performance benefits.
Updates
Security software is only as good as its latest update. Viruses are being identified and added to signature databases all the time, so it’s important that your virus definition list updates accordingly. Modern antivirus software are equipped with automatic updates that perform regularly enough that you get faster updates that don’t slow down your system. The best security providers even “push” updates to you as soon as they’re available.

Help & Support
The best software doesn’t require reading an in-depth manual to use, but still has one available. For specific questions, troubleshooting, and additional help, the best antivirus manufacturers provide superior product support online and off. Additional support for software may come in the form of assistance over the phone, email, live chat, or through a number of additional resources (knowledgebase, FAQs, tutorials).

Also, for more information and a really good chart comparison of a ton of anti viruses, please click here.

Discussion:

What is your favorite free/paid anti virus software?
I use BitDefender and Malawarebytes

irving102

irving102

If you are reading this, you can read.
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft essentials Nuff said

U cranky bro

U cranky bro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah, it's only a very ****** program
https://grahamcluley.com/2015/07/windows-7-test-feeble/

To keep my cpu clean, I use (bought copies, not cracked versions of):
Malwarebytes
Symantec Endpoint Protection
Trojan Remover
M$ Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Dang, and I thought I had a lot of antivirus programs! I have bitdefender and malawarebytes, do you recommend those programs to me? They good?

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
Dang, and I thought I had a lot of antivirus programs! I have bitdefender and malawarebytes, do you recommend those programs to me? They good?

The Microsoft program is free, so no reason not to use it.
Trojan remover got rid of something nasty for me. That one has like a 30 day free trial you can try. Symnantec is like malwarebytes

Sniperclysm

Sniperclysm

Reaction score
Sin$
I have Bitdefender Total Security but for years since 2000 i had Norton antivirus. Norton antivirus seems to slow my computer all the time in the back ground and it started to pop up ads on it.

S

sarahjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In my experience kaspersky is best they update their database against potential harms frequently. One advice will be not to download any AV from sites like softonic or may end up getting the fake or outdated version.

Top Bottom
Login
Register