Solved Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware and other security for PC Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows Support' started by BELL2390, Feb 19, 2015 with 7 replies and 144 views.

1. BELL2390

BELL2390 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hello,

I am looking for some advice on getting new Anti-Virus, possibly changing my Anti-Malware and any feedback on additional security systems I probably do not know about.

Would prefer free trials at least because I do not have money right now if it has a free version with the option of upgrading later that would be best. If you really think you know a good product related to this please feel free to let me know just make sure you mention if it is free or not please.

Thank you for your help in advance, look forward to hearing from you.

PM preferred,

BELL2390

2. WUB WUB M8

WUB WUB M8 Kali Linux and I are the best of friends.

Ratings:
    I use MalWare Bytes Premium, and AVG Premium. Although, both of them are able to get for free versions.

3. OP
    BELL2390

BELL2390 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thank you friend,

I have the free MalWare Bytes and Avast Free, is AVG better then Avast, I usually assume they are all essentially the same. I am really just being paranoid and want to know if there is anything more I can do. Not really sure how effective all the paid features are since I never paid for any features. Just feeling vulnerable, people seem to be able to figure out how to hack or cause glitches in games imagine what they could do on your computer.

Will look into paid versions they probably would not hurt but at this point it is just not possible.

4. Bear

Bear Member

Ratings:
    Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is all you need. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is also a good program if you want more security.

5. WUB WUB M8

WUB WUB M8 Kali Linux and I are the best of friends.

Ratings:
    Just don't fall into the wrong crowd of people and you will be fine.

6. OP
    BELL2390

BELL2390 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I will look into Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

Thank you.

I really do not fear the people on this site so much but I know elsewhere can be dangerous. I really just wanted to know what people on here thank know about stuff like modding and stuff thought about making my PC more secure since there seems to be so many people on here familiar with computer related stuff. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I actually had one incident where I joined an online chat group and one or more of the members invited me to talk on a big name video call program from there they pushed me to some sites they made asking me to 'review' for things like spelling mistakes or what ever. The next day I turned my computer on and my anti-virus and anti-malware was completely removed so I installed a different brand of each ran some scans cleaned up some stuff and have been hoping that protected me since. Seems to have worked so far. Had a similar thing happen to me after meeting some people on a MMORPG a few years ago, I got an email saying that a request to reset my password for the MMORPG had been sent to my email when I checked my computer the email was read. I tried to log on to the game and it said my account was locked due to suspicious log in attempt or something, I am assuming it was from another country since I have only ever used the internet in this country but I never got told the real reason the game was able to save my account. Now it is all secure and I made new passwords for every thing I could think of since then because they obviously got access to my email somehow. I never open junk mail or mail from people I do not know but I also did not update stuff like Java or whatever that I do now because I was told that could cause security leaks if not up to date.

Anyway just trying to be proactive.

Thank you.

7. Kira

Kira Member

Ratings:
    I personally use Avast and Superantispyare. I used to use AVG, but from what I've seen first hand, Avast seems to catch a lot more potential threats and alert me more about files I download, which is a plus for me.

8. OP
    BELL2390

BELL2390 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have Avast Free and Malware Bytes Anti Malware at the moment ever since my last antivirus and anti malware somehow got deleted from my computer from an attack somehow. This is the first computer I have had for more then one year, I get them for free from my dad already loaded with software for that stuff. I used to have Avast a long time ago on a different computer
    but felt it slowed down my computer more then the others so I traded it in but that was ages ago.