What's new

Solved Anti-Piracy 2.5 protection

S

Styked

Reaction score
Sin$
Its a well known fact by now that games like ACBrotherhood, NFS Hot Pursuit and Fable3 are causing some serious stress to the pirate community because of the ap25 protection. Now I've been reading around the net that this "anti-piracy" measure has something to do with the new dashboard update and microsoft. If this is true, then why is ACB showing the "AntiPiracy 2.5" when I run it through abgX360? This means it HAS to do something with the disc right? Can anybody shed some light on this?

P

pure3d2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its a well known fact by now that games like ACBrotherhood, NFS Hot Pursuit and Fable3 are causing some serious stress to the pirate community because of the ap25 protection. Now I've been reading around the net that this "anti-piracy" measure has something to do with the new dashboard update and microsoft. If this is true, then why is ACB showing the "AntiPiracy 2.5" when I run it through abgX360? This means it HAS to do something with the disc right? Can anybody shed some light on this?

If you have a Lite-On or BenQ drive and you're on the new dashboard, AP2.5 will prevent the newer games from booting--you'll get the unreadable disc error. LT+ will address this.

If you have a Samsung with LT1.0 or Hitachi drive with ix1.51 (this one isn't safe on XBL), the games will work because both of these drives do not have the functionality to support AP2.5.

Does that make sense?

C

chaoschief

JTAG Expert
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a new check that uses SSv3 to run it(if I understand correctly). You cannot play this AP2.5 game or any AP2.5 games on LT, unless you have a Sammy or some older sHitachis

S

Styked

Reaction score
Sin$
If you have a Lite-On or BenQ drive and you're on the new dashboard, AP2.5 will prevent the newer games from booting--you'll get the unreadable disc error. LT+ will address this.

If you have a Samsung with LT1.0 or Hitachi drive with ix1.51 (this one isn't safe on XBL), the games will work because both of these drives do not have the functionality to support AP2.5.

Does that make sense?

Yes that makes sense and yes i have the liteon. but my point was that if it had something to do with the disc, then maybe we could somehow "patch" it to remove any ap25 protections. Ive tried a lot and wasted many disks, even tried taking the security sectors, dmi, pfi, even the .xex from other ap20 games and patching everything manually.
i hope lt+ comes out early or some "patch" o make ap25 games behave like ap20.

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes that makes sense and yes i have the liteon. but my point was that if it had something to do with the disc, then maybe we could somehow "patch" it to remove any ap25 protections. Ive tried a lot and wasted many disks, even tried taking the security sectors, dmi, pfi, even the .xex from other ap20 games and patching everything manually.
If you really want to play them then rent them or play on a jtag or play in sp on an old flashed banned xbox 360.

P

pure3d2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

There's no patch or workaround, otherwise everyone would be talking about it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register