• Thread starter Bloodygamerzmodz
  • Start date
  • Views 619
Bloodygamerzmodz

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I was playing around with themes for my PS3 and changed the "lines.qrc" file to a "blue flames" one i had downloaded. This came in a package of about 10 other lines.qrc files. I also used the "rainbow" file and it worked great, no problems. But, when I changed to the "blue flames" one, i tried going back to my xmb only to get an error saying
"The system software cannot be run correctly. Press the PS button to try to restart the system.

If the system cannot be restarted, you must reinstall the system software.
Connect storage media that contains update data version 3.40 or later, and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time.
For more information on how to obtain update data, refer to the SIE Web site for your region".

As this only being my 2nd day in the ps3 jailbreaking community, this has me very worried. I don't really understand what this means. Do I need to try to update the version in hopes of it fixing the broken files? Will this cause me to lose my jailbreak? If so, will I be able to downgrade back and jailbreak again? Please help! It would be much appreciated!!

Bloodygamerzmodz

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm attempting to restore to default settings through safe mode, if that doesnt work, ill try to restore the file system,which is where i think the problem will be fixed as this option fixed any corrupted data.

Bloodygamerzmodz

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm attempting to restore to default settings through safe mode, if that doesnt work, ill try to restore the file system,which is where i think the problem will be fixed as this option fixed any corrupted data.
I attempted to restore, left it sitting all night, about 7 hours but no visible progress. Stayed on loading screen saying not to turn off the ps3. So I turned it off... I hope that wasn’t a bad idea. Still need a fix. Anyone got ideas?

Bloodygamerzmodz

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Someone please help! I’m still having this issue and I’d really like advice before I attempt to update it with a 4.81 updater.

GTA3

GTA3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
looks like the files on the hardrive are corrupt, if all else fails you could take out the hd and format it with a pc, then reinstall it into your ps3 and use whatever update you wanted.
I back up my files on my PS3 regular to a flashdrive so if something like this happens i can reinstall them after i have restored my ps3

Bloodygamerzmodz

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
looks like the files on the hardrive are corrupt, if all else fails you could take out the hd and format it with a pc, then reinstall it into your ps3 and use whatever update you wanted.
I back up my files on my PS3 regular to a flashdrive so if something like this happens i can reinstall them after i have restored my ps3
Okay, thank you. All else has failed so I guess I’ll try that. I have to open up the ps3 I assume? To get the HD?

Bloodygamerzmodz

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no just a panel to remove on the left hand side and one cross head screw and it pulls out
Okay, I got it out thank you. But I can’t seems to find anywhere online a way to connect it to my PC.. I have a MAC by the way. (It does have a USB port on the MAC)

Bloodygamerzmodz

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It looks like I’m going to need to buy an SATA to USB 3.0 cable or dock to be able to connect it to my pc. Ugh. It’s okay though, it’s very cheap. About 5$ at Walmart.

GTA3

GTA3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes they are cheap but definately worth having if you are going to do a lot of modding on consoles, you really need access to some kind of pc it makes life so much easier

Top Bottom
Login
Register