Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Bright Idea Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
All I know is that I am getting the GTX 1080TI for Christmas and do not have a clue what else I should get with it. I am not wanting to spend more than £600 on the other parts, but if I need to break that budget and go a little over, I will do. (This is the budget without the graphics card included.)

I am also unsure which one to go for.
Help.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor (£178.95 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard (£80.54 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£119.50 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Storage: Western Digital - Green 240GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£76.36 @ BT Shop)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£55.80 @ Aria PC)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case (£51.32 @ Novatech)
Power Supply: Corsair - CSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£67.96 @ Ebuyer)
Total: £630.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-11 03:10 BST+0100

I really recommend going a little over for the SSD. If you cannot go over get the SSD later.

You will need a USB stick to install windows on.

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
That is same as my build but with diff case & ssd changed to slightly worse one.

Also the mobo is changed to the non pro version too which has exact same layout and everyone only diff is the color scheme.
The case in my build is MUCH better looking, Gardzz didn't like the case in your build.

I personally don't like the look of the M.2 drives. The drive in your build is also only slightly faster than the one in my build.

You said it yourself, same motherboard, mine's cheaper though. Nice.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
The case in my build is MUCH better looking, Gardzz didn't like the case in your build.

I personally don't like the look of the M.2 drives. The drive in your build is also only slightly faster than the one in my build.

You said it yourself, same motherboard, mine's cheaper though. Nice.

The mobo is 50 cents cheaper.

The Drive is more reliable as well and taking a sata over M.2 for same price is kinda dumb, the wiring & spot in case is kinda annoying for SSD.

Kingston also does some bait and switch on their SSD's randomly swapping to cheaper nands and keeping same model so an RMA can get a worse drive in future. I would never recommend any Kingston SSD because of this issue. Ever RMA it and yo could get a **** tier piece of crap with Elpida(Micron) nand.

f46a01e82a24d7e2e3cdcced944ce288.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

So right now you get a 15nm Toshiba TLC nand & Marvell 88SS1074 controller pretty much same as the WD (literally same controller), but I wouldn't trust Kingston SSD.

Last edited:
HumphreyMax

HumphreyMax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
M.2 is fantastic, I'd dump on that personally, I have one and don't regret it.

Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Bumping -
Anyone else have any new builds?
(If you also commented I will go to £700 on a build with 1080ti (Do not include TI))

HumphreyMax

HumphreyMax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This might be a bit out of your price range, it's in Euros but if you go to Amazon or Newegg, you can probably get this rig build for under 900 dollars easy with discounts and stuff. Hell, just find a similar video card and PSU that is cheaper with the same specs and you would be good to go.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nvQMkT

Carrotkilla

Carrotkilla

Reaction score
Sin$
This might be a bit out of your price range, it's in Euros but if you go to Amazon or Newegg, you can probably get this rig build for under 900 dollars easy with discounts and stuff. Hell, just find a similar video card and PSU that is cheaper with the same specs and you would be good to go.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nvQMkT

He already is getting the GPU.

Gardzz Gardzz I'll hit you up with what I personally think would be best for you build (considering my cousin will be building it, he can verify it :wink: ) And it won't be any of this AMD Processor crap :happy:

Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Gardzz Gardzz I'll hit you up with what I personally think would be best for you build (considering my cousin will be building it, he can verify it :wink: ) And it won't be any of this AMD Processor crap :happy:
Was speaking to him today and he told me to go with AMD. Can't remember the reason, something to do with PC lock ups or some **** like that.

KariKit

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$

You should prob read up benchmarks on Ryzen. Intel is getting **** on in all price brackets and dominated higher end.

Intel is only winning on their Pentium in sub $100 market.

Coffeelake is said to change this though. They will be moving prices & sku's arround.

Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ewww

7700k is a terrible buy with Ryzen out. Until Coffeelake Intel has nothing worth buying at this time.
Been recommended by a PC nerd IRL. I will go what he says. :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register