I don't care about this boys opinion ngl :smile:

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
I don't care about this boys opinion ngl :smile:
No one does, lets be real, his opinion has always been incredibly biased.

Gardzz Gardzz The i7-7700k is much better gaming-wise than any Ryzen chip. Where Ryzen shines is in heavily threaded workload like rendering and streaming. Almost every game is not optimized for more than 4 cores. With the release of Coffee Lake, this might change since the i5s will have 6 cores and the i7 will have 12 threads though.

The only issue with your edited build is the motherboard. When pairing a Z170 board with a 7th gen i7, you're playing the lotery since if the bios hasn't been updated, the i7 wont work with the board. I'd play it safe and go with the Z270 chipset.

Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Bright Idea Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
No one does, lets be real, his opinion has always been incredibly biased.

Gardzz Gardzz The i7-7700k is much better gaming-wise than any Ryzen chip. Where Ryzen shines is in heavily threaded workload like rendering and streaming. Almost every game is not optimized for more than 4 cores. With the release of Coffee Lake, this might change since the i5s will have 6 cores and the i7 will have 12 threads though.

The only issue with your edited build is the motherboard. When pairing a Z170 board with a 7th gen i7, you're playing the lotery since if the bios hasn't been updated, the i7 wont work with the board. I'd play it safe and go with the Z270 chipset.
I'm going with whatever is listed dude, most of it has been bought. :smile:

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
I'm going with whatever is listed dude, most of it has been bought. :smile:
Well, if the computer isn't working, it's probably because the board needs a bios update. The only way to update the bios would be to buy a 6th gen intel CPU and use it to update the bios. Best of luck though!

Top Bottom