Anonymous Proxy Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NSG

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,

I am the root administrator for a site, I am not sure that I am allowed to post the link due to the advratisement rule against it. Anyways, I have been recently encountering a problem with people useing anonymous proxies to sign up and post spam. I went on a search for a site that had a cure to that and apparently you guys have a mod or something to block anonymous proxies. I was going to ask if you can share with me what you guys use to block anonymous proxies as I would like to do the same to my site.

Thanks,
NSG

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know where you read that we have a "cure" but I had just installed a mod from vb.org that will redirect 90% of proxy users to a site of my desire. If you have vbulletin then you can find it at vb.org. I think its called "proxy redirect", not sure though.

N

NSG

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for. 90% of anonymous proxies get redirected which is great. Appreciate the help.

GooBacks

GooBacks

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
HAHA, a site i used to help run used that mod and it sent people to VERY bad places...

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah...I was thinking about bringing people to sites like lemonparty or something...but I'm not that mean (yet). So I sent them too google.

GooBacks

GooBacks

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
lol, yea i believe we had it send people to meatspin...can't remember, i just know it was bad lol. weeded out A LOT of spammers though.
But yea, i'm done talking off topic in here lol.

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh man. 2girls1cup is where i'd put em.

lol, closed

N

Nerve

Retired
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Azzid, I wouldn't mind if you sent them to WhyBlocks :tongue:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register