Discussion annoyed with the AK?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' started by projectomega, Dec 29, 2009 with 63 replies and 2,060 views.

1. AimMDMA

AimMDMA Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I thought an AK was a 5.56 round, same as the british SA80 and LSW?

2. dontdr0ptheS0AP

dontdr0ptheS0AP Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No, AK-47 is a 7.62x39mm, the AK-74 is a 5.45x39mm

• Like Like x 1
  3. SmurfALMIGHTY

SmurfALMIGHTY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    M16 is better in long range situations because the bullets tend to spread more in my opinion with the famas. The Famas reminds me of the Halo BR where the longer range it is the less effective it is. The famas on the other hand is MUCH easier for headshots though imo.

4. angryirishnyc

angryirishnyc Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have read a few of the posts and threads on this site and I must say I enjoy them. The only time that I don't seem to understand the complants are when it comes to the weapons that are available in the game. The AK-47 is a powerful gun hence why it is unlocked at level 70. But with so many people doing boosting and other things in order to have there moment in the sun and get to that almighty tenth prestige by cheating there way there that is why the rooms are flooded with the higher caliber weapons. So my question is why are you complaining about a sistuation that some of you helped create? How does you fake prestige taste now?:smile:

the AK-47 is a full metal jaket 7.62

5. Bay Area Kang

Bay Area Kang Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This is a VIDEO GAME people. Calm it down with the pictures of bullets and all your wiki info on real weapons.

6. AimMDMA

AimMDMA Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Its good info though

7. dontdr0ptheS0AP

Ratings:
    It's information that I have acquired over a long period of time, long before Call of Duty was thought of. I thought I would educate some the people that come on here and show their ignorance. I just think it is funny to see little kids and some adults get on the game or on these sites and spread false information because they read it some where, when in fact they do not even own a firearm or for that matter have not even fired one, but they are self-proclaimed weapons experts.

I know it is a video game, but we are all a little better off knowing a little more.:thumbup:

8. LegendsOfDeath

LegendsOfDeath Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok really, this topic kinda gets under my skin.
    If you stop and think about it, what is the BIGGEST thing that all video gamers pursue? Regardless to the Game, we all want a game to be Realistic...

Look guys, if your going to complain about something, you need to get your facts straight first. So heres a few facts:

An AK-47 is a more powerful weapon, but not as accurate as say.. an M4
    An M4 is slightly less powerful but much more accurate, esp. at a longer Range

Look I can go on and on, but the point is, different weapons have different capabilities, so after you throw in a glitch every so often i.e. an 800m KillShot with an M9.. (yours Truly) this game is probably one of the most realistic games I have ever played.

A couple more things:
    I got pictures after pictures of the after math of 1 or 2 shots to the human body, and I promise you, if you get hit you ARE NOT gonna keep running regardless of the weapon.

And the "M16" that is being refered to, is actually an M4

9. Mickle

Mickle Enthusiast

Ratings:
    We dont all live in crack-towns.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Comrade

Comrade Crusty Old Dude Retired

Ratings:
    I love the AK-47....but since its the last gun you get I see really no one with it...so Im fine with it

11. dontdr0ptheS0AP

Ratings:
    Not really, it is very close. The M16 has a longer barrel, which is why it has greater damage and range. The M4 descended from the M16.

I don't either. I live and grew up in a rural community and I have grown up around guns and hunting, not saying that I own all of these firearms but it has been an interest of mine since before many of you were even born.

The most true statement I have heard yet. That is also the reason I only play hardcore modes.

12. -k00p-

-k00p- Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you guys are complaning about the famas and m-16 but with those guns you acctully have to aim and not just spray

and you guys are gettin butthurt about overpower ak,, AAAAlllllll the guns in mw2 are overpowered:]

13. LegendsOfDeath

LegendsOfDeath Newbie

Ratings:

Lol I apologise, I was refering to the storyline weapons available, it seemed everyone was calling the M4 an M16.

The only reason I know what I do is because I got my modified, issued M4 right next to me :tongue:

Thats one of the biggest appreciations I have for this game, to be able to look at something and say, "Wow, thats exactly accurate"
    But of course as with EVERY video game, it cant be 100%, but its close enough for me.

14. dontdr0ptheS0AP

Ratings:
    I agree, the game is pretty accurate and realistic, and even more so before the patch. I think the spas and the m1014 should of had the range the model 1887's had before the patch.

PS. I would take my AK-47 over an M4/M16/AR-15 any day, just because you can't beat the reliability of the AK.

15. LegendsOfDeath

LegendsOfDeath Newbie

Ratings:

I absolutely agree with the reliability of an AK-47, but an M4/M16 are much more accurate weapons, and as long as you clean it and oil it, it can also be a pretty reliable weapon

16. dontdr0ptheS0AP

Ratings:
    accuracy is what the remington 30-06 is for, lol

I am not, be any means, saying the m4/m16 is not reliable, you just don't have to worry about getting the ak dirty.

17. RGG

RGG Newbie

Ratings:
    I don't mind any of the guns.

18. Comrade

Ratings:
    the 7.62x 39 looks like it has a hollow tip...that will do more damage...but you cant use it war<_<

19. dontdr0ptheS0AP

Ratings:
    Good eye

20. Comrade

Ratings:
    yeah...I own a sks (same cal. as ak47) and have these rounds for hunting...plus I just know alot about guns...(right S7 people?):tongue: