An insight on how the game selects hosts...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by rhatton, Jan 4, 2009 with 8 replies and 610 views.

1. rhatton

rhatton Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok. Let me give you an insight of how the game selects a host. This is not a tutorial of how to force host. Many people have been having problems forcing host recently. As far as i am aware, there is no host ban. I had these problems earlier but i have come up with another method of forcing host that works 100% of the time if you know what you are doing. I may decide to release this as a seperate tutorial in the future. Anyway without further a do on with the info...

As you will all be aware, to find a game you have to first find teammates. Once you have a full party then the party searches for another party to play against.

You
    Found Player
    Found Player
    Found Player
    Found Player

This is the setup we have before it searches for opposing teams. Now the game needs to find somebody to host this match. This is done by selecting the best host from one of two players from each party. Each party has a party leader. This is the person who hosts the party if you like. All the FOUND PLAYERS connect to this party.

We now have a set up like this one

“Searching for a team of similar skill”

Party Leader ----------one will be host---------- Party leader
    Found player ----------------------------------- Found Player

In conclusion you need to be the leader of your party to have a chance of being host. This is done by having 4other people in your party before you start searching or manipulate the system so that you make sure that people are connecting to you and not the other way round.

How to tell if you are the party leader.
    When searching for players, keep looking at commview. if people are being found on matchmaking and you only have packets going out to one IP they are the party leader. If more people are connecting when someone has joined you will be party leader

How to tell if you will be host once you are party leader.
    Look at the “searching for other teams with similar skill” if this changes to connecting to match before the loading screen you are NOT host. If it just goes to the loading screen you are host. Also look at commview. if there are packets going out to up to 7 ips then you are host, if it is just one then you are not host.

If you have any queries do not hesitate to reply.

Tutorial under construction

2. h3ypp7

h3ypp7 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Plz tell ur magical ways of forcing host.
    plz...

3. OP
    rhatton

rhatton Newbie

Ratings:
    I'd like to make sure that my method works on other people's systems as well as mine. I also need a bit more time to explain it because i will need screen shots etc...

4. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Nice bit of insight you posted there. Good work.

5. h3ypp7

h3ypp7 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Sadface....

Maybe post here and we can constructivley make a tutorial, like an open source tutorial.

6. BigBlacks 22s

BigBlacks 22s Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Wow very nice. Hopefully I can look into this too myself. :smile:

7. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    nice, i didnt know that you have to be party leader to get a chance to get host.

8. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yes, the only to get host is to infact, be a party leader, thats why you have to be a party leader if you want a chance to be host

9. OP
    rhatton

rhatton Newbie

Ratings:
    Yeah. This is just proof that you can be host without searching for games with a full party.