• Start date
  • Views 385
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teh GaZa

Teh GaZa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I was thinking. Instead of connecting to Xbox Live, can we not just figure out a way on how to connect to Modern Warfare 2 Matchmaking, like on a retail console if your disconnected from Xbox Live sometimes you are still running around for 5 seconds or so, as you only timed out of xbox live and not the MW2 server, so do you think its possible to bypass Xbox Live sign in but just connect to Modern Warfare 2 servers. Or am I being stupid here and this is impossible to do.

iTzZ Fenix

iTzZ Fenix

Getting There
Reaction score
Hey guys I was thinking. Instead of connecting to Xbox Live, can we not just figure out a way on how to connect to Modern Warfare 2 Matchmaking, like on a retail console if your disconnected from Xbox Live sometimes you are still running around for 5 seconds or so, as you only timed out of xbox live and not the MW2 server, so do you think its possible to bypass Xbox Live sign in but just connect to Modern Warfare 2 servers. Or am I being stupid here and this is impossible to do.

no way, you can only connect to IW servers trough XboxLive

OGMz i RaVaGeZ

OGMz i RaVaGeZ

Dedicated Helper
Modder Programmer Reporter
Reaction score
Fenix is right, if you don't have a connection to Xbox Live, how will you be able to unlock stuff for ONLINE mode? Nice try but that doesn't really make sense...
By the way, there are Dvars which let you go on Xbox Live although you're not connected but they're useless, probably just looking funny.

kieronere

kieronere

Team AKA
Reaction score
i though about this, also thought about rolling back updates modding the account in TU6 through system link then going back online and doing the update but this also wouldn't work, right ?

OGMz i RaVaGeZ

OGMz i RaVaGeZ

Dedicated Helper
Reaction score
i though about this, also thought about rolling back updates modding the account in TU6 through system link then going back online and doing the update but this also wouldn't work, right ?
No because you are not connected to the Servers. The only way to get all Challenges in System Link again is to revert Dev Dvars and unlockAll and then bind it to a button in System Link.

Teh GaZa

Teh GaZa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fenix is right, if you don't have a connection to Xbox Live, how will you be able to unlock stuff for ONLINE mode? Nice try but that doesn't really make sense...
By the way, there are Dvars which let you go on Xbox Live although you're not connected but they're useless, probably just looking funny.

The person in your lobby will be able to tho, as they are connected to Xbox Live, but how would they be able to get an invite if you weren't on Xbox Live :/

D1G1TAL

D1G1TAL

║▌││║▌║││║▌│║║│▌ ɴзтшøяkзđ
Hardened Veteran Modder Stickied
Reaction score

Code:
xblive_playEvenIfDown 1
disconnectOnSignOut 0
xblive_loggedin 1

lol yep these were the ones I used on TU6 binds. As soon as I searched for a public match and waited for the "Waiting......" messege at the top to appear I would use a lag switch really quick then when my connection was back up it gave me host (well..those 3 dvars + a few others which were released by Fire 30:smile:)

OGMz i RaVaGeZ

OGMz i RaVaGeZ

Dedicated Helper
Reaction score
Code:
xblive_playEvenIfDown 1
disconnectOnSignOut 0
xblive_loggedin 1

lol yep these were the ones I used on TU6 binds. As soon as I searched for a public match and waited for the "Waiting......" messege at the top to appear I would use a lag switch really quick then when my connection was back up it gave me host (well..those 3 dvars + a few others which were released by Fire 30:smile:)
Yessir :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom