What's new

Discussion An Arduino made for rapid fire and macros Xbox 360!

• Thread starter CokaColaCat
  • Start date
  • Views 3,059
C

CokaColaCat

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying this is not spam, I just thought the Xbox Community would like to hear about my project I made. I have designed a new platform that lets anyone create their own controller programs to help them play the game or just have more fun. The device operates on the popular open-source Arduino platform.

Called the ABXY, a small board with a microchip is placed inside the Xbox 360 controller. Support for the Xbox One will be added soon. From there, users can use a Microsoft Charge n' Play cable to upload new programs onto their controllers. This requires the Arduino IDE, a software program that handles all the difficulty of using microcontrollers. Soon we will be adding a forum to our website where users can share their codes they have tweaked an created for different games. If you have an idea for a new rapid fire or button sequence, you can ask another user here to design it or you can create it yourself. The ABXY comes with a software library (a collection of commands) that make it easy for anyone, even people with no programming experience, to make their own programs. Want the ABXY to press the B Button? Type in B_Button.press() in the Arduino IDE, connect the controller to the computer, and press upload. It's that easy!

I created this device as a fun project, but now I realize others may be interested in it. I am running a crowdfunding campaign for the ABXY on Kickstarter.com. We must reach our pledge goal or the ABXY will never be released. Pledges are sort of like pre-orders. Check out the Kickstarter page here, much more information is avaible here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/663438947/abxy

The ABXY is really fun to use, and I know a number of users that would really enjoy having it. It is also a fun way to learn how to program alongside playing video games. Game on everyone, and thank you for your interest and support!

I have been a member of Se7ensins for years, and appreciated all the cool things the Community has done and all the help I have received. This is may way of giving back to the community. Thanks again for your interest in support in ABXY, and I know many people here would love it.

Here are some pictures of the ABXY from the Kickstarter page:
b1f0d2615f387821fb454f2b2c24d4cb_large.jpg

be1983dc31d68f78a53e09a1e5a69bee_large.jpg

9f96a09c4f4f4e9243e97779b016baba_large.jpg

B

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad, Seem the guy put a bit of work into it.

But IMO, that is way to much soldering for just a simple controller mod when you can purchase the cronusmax and it works for xbox one/ps4/mouse n keyboard. and its a plug the usb in and configure and away you go :smile:.

C

CokaColaCat

Reaction score
This isn't really a simple controller mod. You could even have the controller connected to the computer and using a serial connection the computer could control literally every action and button besides the movement of the sticks.

But yes it is a lot of soldering for the full installation. The basic installation only requires some 8 wires and the solder points are very easy. I didn't make the controller haha, just a solution for interfacing with it. Takes me just under 2 hours to complete a full installation. The end product is worth it though.

B

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
This isn't really a simple controller mod. You could even have the controller connected to the computer and using a serial connection the computer could control literally every action and button besides the movement of the sticks.

But yes it is a lot of soldering for the full installation. The basic installation only requires some 8 wires and the solder points are very easy. I didn't make the controller haha, just a solution for interfacing with it. Takes me just under 2 hours to complete a full installation. The end product is worth it though.

Maybe for you, But for the end user that wants something simple yet effective, They would go for the cronusmax as It can mod your controller for rapid fire, let you use it on ANY console. and let you use ps4/xbox one/keyboard and mouse.

Plus it's a plug in USB... Why would someone want to take their controller apart, solder a bunch of stuff, then put it back together when they can plug a usb in, and BAM they can mod it.

D

ddxcb

Contributor
Reaction score
I was doing a project like this, a way to map any button to other buttons, with the arduino pro mini, the program let the thing be program without the computer. but I got borred and drop it half way. Might come back to it.

A

A Toast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol great work but you should try to do an qsb version of it :tongue:

here's my rapide fire board i've done years ago with some junk and it works great, a little big but yeah :tongue:
26ee.jpg

Top Bottom