• Thread starter Dr Singer x
  • Start date
  • Views 815
Dr Singer x

Dr Singer x

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I need someone to answer this question in the most unbiased way possible. I HAVE researched this topic, but the most I've gotten is either a "(...) sucks and (...) is better!".

The question I need answered is what is the main difference between AMD and Intel? I want to know as I am planning on saving up for a PC, and need to know which processor would be better suited to my purposes.

Calamity

Calamity

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Price, Intel is generally more expensive from what I've seen. AMD is generally cheaper and gotten for budget builds by computer builders. For this reason, I personally automatically thing that AMD is going to be cheaper in quality, but I could not say as I really haven't researched.

Personally, I would stick with Intel, but I honestly have never had an argument over AMD that's valid. Same thing with ATI and NVIDIA, although I believe NVIDIA has a stronger GFX card currently, but that doesn't make them better.

If you are going to be on a smaller budget (< $1, 000) and want other powerful products, AMD may be the right choice for you.

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's quite clear honestly. If you go and look at the benchmarks the i5 2500k which is considered to be in the middle for price wise for Intel it destroys the best AMD CPU. It's like $15 more, but you get what you pay for. The i5 2500k destroys it in almost every benchmarks. Don't ask for opinions, when the benchmarks show it.

Generation

Generation

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Intel.

As listed above, if you look at the benchmarks of the i5-2500k at STOCK speeds..it destroys the 1100t in every benchmark. It's also only 20$ more than the 1100t. It can be overclocked WAY more, generally stays cooler and has insane performance for what you pay for.

Even the 13-2100 out-benches the AMD 955. Lol.

Very tight budget? AMD.

Want to spend a few bucks more and get insane performance? Intel.

etownlax

etownlax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you guys have links to these bench mark tests for each of these CPU's?

BawK

BawK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have an AMD 955 BE. AMD = Budget gaming. Im saving up for an intel. I'd recommend you buy an i5 2500k sandy bridge as those are amazing right now.
My pc is an AMD 955 BE, xfx 6850, and 4gb ram and I get 280 fps in css and anywhere from 100-220 fps in wow with max settings.

UhQ

UhQ

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
AMD sucks and Intel is better.
But in reality, the statement appears true, Intel's products all show better scores than AMD.
But what is a devastation to many, Intel's are more expensive, and a lot of times not compatible with the same motherboards.
AMD on the other hand has greater motherboard compatibility as the sockets haven't changed as much.. Which still results in BUDGET. More motherboards makes more money flow out of your pocket

iDewky

iDewky

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
AMD: Yeah people complain there louder, but they are lightening fast and they last longer. Check out the AMD Phenom II x6 1090T. I have that and it's worth the money.

Intel: I've never been to fond of intel, I have built many computers and never used intel.

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
AMD: Yeah people complain there louder, but they are lightening fast and they last longer. Check out the AMD Phenom II x6 1090T. I have that and it's worth the money.

Intel: I've never been to fond of intel, I have built many computers and never used intel.

How can you not be fond of Intel, and say you have never used their products? This is a biased opinion. Benchmarks show everything, and the i5 2500k destroys your 1090T.

iDewky

iDewky

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
How can you not be fond of Intel, and say you have never used their products? This is a biased opinion. Benchmarks show everything, and the i5 2500k destroys your 1090T.
And your Intel dies out much faster than AMD, everyone has there own opinion breh breh. And my Processor isn't the best AMD. The AMD Opteron series are amazing. 12 Cores of goodness.

Alexi

Alexi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
AMD is innovation, Intel is power.

With AMD, you can run 3 monitors off of one video card with an AMD, and geet budget gaming. As a whole, they last longer than Intel processors.

Intel runs faster, with higher benchmarks and better components. But you're paying a lot more to get those higher speeds and better parts. But in my experience, they've burned out faster when you overclock them. Even with aftermarket heatsinks and fans.

It really boils down to AMD being a budget hexa-core with great innovation. Intel is your powerhouse, enthusiast processor.

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Your argument is partially invalid, if not completely. Some CPU benchmarks are compiled with the Intel compiler which optimizes code for Intel based cpus. This optimization makes Intel appear faster by giving their cpus less instructions versus other brands of CPUs. This would make it appear as though Intel CPUs are faster when really, they had smaller snippets of code to process compared to others which in turn, makes the competitions CPUs appear to take longer to process the "same" code. Is your opinion biased? Have you ever used AMD processors?

Top Bottom
Login
Register