What's new

Solved Am I at risk of being Banned?

• Thread starter 7FatKidsInATree
  • Start date
  • Views 607

7FatKidsInATree

Reaction score
Basically, the thing that I'm worried about is being banned for marketplace theft which results in a 9999 ban of the account and a console ban (I think?). The only thing I've done so far is use Gamer Picture Injector to change my gamer pic a few times for a little while and then change it back to this one Fallout 3 Picture that I actually purchased from the marketplace. I have over a 1000 Gamer Pictures saved on a USB Stick but I never ever transferred them over the the Xbox 360 Hard drive, they always stayed on the stick. Do they have some sort of tracking system that keeps record of whenever you changed your gamer picture and what you changed it to and the date or something? I don't really mod and it would be absolutely dreadful to be banned over that.

H

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
I dont think you will get banned but there is always a chance :wink:

K

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes there is a chance and that does violate Microsoft's terms of use. I've seen quite a few people claim that they were banned for doing nothing more than injecting a gamer picture, but I've seen even more people that swear you can't get banned for it and do it regularly.

In the end, the risk is there and Microsoft does whatever they want.

7FatKidsInATree

Reaction score
Yes there is a chance and that does violate Microsoft's terms of use. I've seen quite a few people claim that they were banned for doing nothing more than injecting a gamer picture, but I've seen even more people that swear you can't get banned for it and do it regularly.

In the end, the risk is there and Microsoft does whatever they want.[/quote]

Well that's super gay, hmm, well, hopefully since the only picture I changed it too was one that was free but no longer on the marketplace, might help the situation seeing as it was free anyway, I also made sure that I had nothing bad on my hard drive because like I said I never transferred the pictures to the hard drive, and I haven't plugged the usb in since I changed my pic back to one I originally purchased

K

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In the end, the risk is there and Microsoft does whatever they want.

Well that's super gay, hmm, well, hopefully since the only picture I changed it too was one that was free but no longer on the marketplace, might help the situation seeing as it was free anyway, that and I now have the picture downloaded legit...[/quote]

Yeah, well if they flagged you there isn't anything you can do at this point except try not to get anymore flags. I think you'll be fine though. And I definitely don't think they would console ban you.

7FatKidsInATree

Reaction score
Well that's super gay, hmm, well, hopefully since the only picture I changed it too was one that was free but no longer on the marketplace, might help the situation seeing as it was free anyway, that and I now have the picture downloaded legit...

Yeah, well if they flagged you there isn't anything you can do at this point except try not to get anymore flags. I think you'll be fine though. And I definitely don't think they would console ban you.[/quote]

I also made sure that I have nothing bad on my hard drive (Only keeping everything in my Purchase History on it) and making sure that nothing stolen is on the drive. But just in case I will run a check to see if my console is flagged. Oh please god, I just bought this xbox and this account -_-

K

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also made sure that I have nothing bad on my hard drive (Only keeping everything in my Purchase History on it) and making sure that nothing stolen is on the drive. But just in case I will run a check to see if my console is flagged. Oh please god, I just bought this xbox and this account -_-

You'll be fine. And running that check wont tell you much because there are false positives and negatives, so its pretty inaccurate.

X

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

Contributor
Reaction score
it is against code of conduct but you will not be banned.

M

M0j0j0-j0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me put it to you this way. Microsoft makes you agree to their terms of agreement, if you break it they know they can ban you and make you pay for a new account/console bring in more money for them.

X

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Reaction score
I've been using a gamerpic you can't even get without modding for years and never got banned for it. You should be fine

Top Bottom