Always host w/ standby

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Trilador, Dec 27, 2008 with 9 replies and 2,025 views.

1. Trilador

Trilador Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Alot of people are having problems bridging host so I found an easy way if you have a standby. Its easiest with a full party.

Just start a party and if you dont have a full party wait till you 'find' all your team mates.
    As it starts looking for opponents "activate" the lagswitch count to around 5 a little fast but not to fast then turn it back off. Then you should be host.

Sorry if this was posted but looking through all the bridging host methods I couldnt find any that I could get to work.

2. RockerThug

RockerThug Enthusiast

Ratings:
  3. Astral I 420 I

Astral I 420 I Getting There

Ratings:
    This wouldn't sound like it'd work....
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to bridge your connections.... And standbying during matchmaking process might not let anyone connect to you.

4. OP
    Trilador

Trilador Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No you turn it on while its looking then off while its still looking for your opponents I don't know what goes on behind the scenes I only know it works for me.

5. fLx YoungBlood

fLx YoungBlood Newbie

Ratings:
    it works for me,but only with a full party...

6. Dr Livestrong

Dr Livestrong Newbie

Ratings:
    i haven't been able to get it to work when i'm by myself yet

7. halo2909

halo2909 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have tried this but i cant get a game. I think it doesn't let you find other people or let them connect to you. Cause i sat in a lobby for 5 minutes and couldn't get a game. So I tried doing 3 more times and still didn't work so i don't know if this actually works. But i will keep trying to see if i can get this to work. And yes i have a full party.

Ok after this update i have done many games with a full party and got host, but i have a good connection so i usually get host anyways. In wingman it didnt work that well. Takes a lot longer or you wont get in a game. So yes this method works.

8. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    You used to be able to do a similar thing like this in Halo 2!

9. RockerThug

RockerThug Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yea, everytime I do this alone, I find team mates

As soon as the second box is checked I hit standby, and within 1 second the other 4 people I found leave and I'm back to "Looking for teammates"

Must have to have a full party

10. I am iNSaNiTY

I am iNSaNiTY Contributor

Ratings:
    i dont quite get what u mean, do u mean keep your modem on standby for 5 secs as soon as its looking for an opponite, then take standby off and then wait for a game? i dont quite understand what u mean