What's new

Unsolved Alternative to NVIDIA GeForce Titan X

K

KidTao

Reaction score
Hello, PC Enthusiasts;

I purchased Alienware Aurora R6 with the default video card, GTX 1080 a few years ago with a plan to catch up with more powerful dual cards when they come down in price in time. I'm ready to upgrade now only to realize NVIDIA GeForce Titan X sells for about the same as then, if not even more expensive now.

I don't pay attention to these things day-to-day, so I am not sure if this is because high-end cards don't depreciate as much, OR I'm being charged for rarity value for a faded-out-of-market model. Also, the online vendors that I've found are not familiar names, and I wouldn't know for sure if there is any risk involved in doing business with them as opposed to Amazon or Newegg.

Would there be a more contemporary alternative to Titan X?

H

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Hello, PC Enthusiasts;

I purchased Alienware Aurora R6 with the default video card, GTX 1080 a few years ago with a plan to catch up with more powerful dual cards when they come down in price in time. I'm ready to upgrade now only to realize NVIDIA GeForce Titan X sells for about the same as then, if not even more expensive now.

I don't pay attention to these things day-to-day, so I am not sure if this is because high-end cards don't depreciate as much, OR I'm being charged for rarity value for a faded-out-of-market model. Also, the online vendors that I've found are not familiar names, and I wouldn't know for sure if there is any risk involved in doing business with them as opposed to Amazon or Newegg.

Would there be a more contemporary alternative to Titan X?
The reason why NEW Titan X sell for that much nowadays is simply because they're not manufactued anymore. So sellers try to sell them for retail still. Go on the used market and they'll be much cheaper.

Nowadays I'd recommend the RTX 2080ti regardless
Heck, I'd just wait for the new GPUs from AMD and NVidia

M

Madman

I'm just living life, as if I live twice.
Reaction score
I'd recommend waiting until the 3080 series GFX cards come out, before making a purchase.

K

KidTao

Reaction score
The reason why NEW Titan X sell for that much nowadays is simply because they're not manufactued anymore. So sellers try to sell them for retail still. Go on the used market and they'll be much cheaper.

Nowadays I'd recommend the RTX 2080ti regardless
Heck, I'd just wait for the new GPUs from AMD and NVidia
RTX 2080ti appears to be one of the more viable options.

If I have a lot of experience upgrading PCs, I wouldn’t be this nervous, but I’m trying to do this before my warranty expirers as a safety net—I had purchased an extended one. I’d like to be careful about waiting until the next generation come in full swing.:smile:

Thank you, both of you, for help!

Top Bottom