• Start date
  • Views 673
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richardlofer

Reaction score
Sin$
I've been following a lot of tutorials and such recently, but they always supply .PSD files with text on them.. Is there any free program that allows me to edit or even just convert .PSDs while preserving the text layers? I've tried the GIMP plugin since I've used GIMP for a good bit of time, but nope..no text. Then I started to look around, but the only other one that seemed any promising would be Paint.NET's plugin

Pool

Pool

Gone Swimming
Tutorial Creator Services Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Just download Photoshop. You can get a pretty long trial, or look around for another way to get it.

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been following a lot of tutorials and such recently, but they always supply .PSD files with text on them.. Is there any free program that allows me to edit or even just convert .PSDs while preserving the text layers? I've tried the GIMP plugin since I've used GIMP for a good bit of time, but nope..no text. Then I started to look around, but the only other one that seemed any promising would be Paint.NET's plugin
InfranView will show a PSD but not allow you to edit them.

WarHeadinc

WarHeadinc

7sin's Lobby Hoster
Hidden Devils
Donator A Milli 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Photoshop is the way to go.

Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I doubt he would want to pay for Photoshop just to open PSD files.

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Photoshop will always be your best friend, I recommend purchasing premium and you'll get a lot of goodies. Also gimp is a free program if you want to try it out on that.

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so seeing as OP has about 3 or 4 different methods of opening PSDs I'm gonna lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register