• Thread starter SmexyPenguin18
  • Start date
  • Views 664
S

SmexyPenguin18

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Well while trying to solder to each of these points the pads were ripped off. I also found another point under the south bridge but ripped the pad off of that also. I've done this before but now I feel retarded since I ruined 3 points now. Can someone show me some alternate points please?

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It doesn't work that way lol. But can I ask you how you managed to RIP off the solder points?

S

SmexyPenguin18

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
It doesn't work that way lol. But can I ask you how you managed to RIP off the solder points?
What are you talking about it doesn't work that way? And the first one i soldered the diode on and covered it in hot glue. The connection wasn't working so I had to pull off the hot glue and it ripped of the pad with it. I then soldered to the one on the underside of that one and it worked. I booted xell, got my cpu key, and then installed freeboot. I think the wire must have snagged on something while doing it but the pad was ripped off. Then the one under the south bridge I just generally f***ed up soldering the wire to it.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You soldered with hot glue? Why? Who ever told you to use glue to support your soldering was retarded. Its one thing to use the glue to hold the wires themselves down but dont use it to support the actual joint. Thats just asking for trouble. Hot glue is rubber witch is an electrical resistor.

When i say it doesn't work that way i mean the every solder point performs a unique function they arn't just interchangeable.

S

SmexyPenguin18

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea that was my mistake but I know there are points on the board that are connected. I used a multimeter to find the point under the south bridge. I'm pretty sure they would function exactly the same if they are all connected. That seems to be common sense to me.(idk I could be wrong). Well anyway what are my options right now? I just tried to solder to a trace on a junk mobo and i can't do it no matter what I try.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
There are spots on the bottom but they are MUCH harder to access if you had difficulty doing the top then you should probably practice.

I would suggest using a QSB

http://www.modtraders.co.uk/xecuter-non-xenon-jtag-alt-kit-5.html

S

SmexyPenguin18

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Well could you tell me where the spots are? I've never really had difficulty doing this but I was dumb this time.

Top Bottom
Login
Register