• Thread starter Jackal777
  • Start date
  • Views 453
J

Jackal777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So for some reason I could mod my maps for the majority of last night, but suddenly (today) every time I make ANY changes in Alteration, the map doesn't load right. When I try to load the map, I just see the background with Master Chief and the Arbiter and the top bar of the screen is all colorized and pixelated.

However, once I replace the modded map with the original back up, it works fine.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Anyone ever have a similar problem? It's a bummer not being able to mod any more.

Sol Invictus

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
There must of been a change that Halo 3 didnt like and thats why you have that problem!

Upvote 0
J

Jackal777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah. I just can't figure out what the change was. It's so confusing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm using my Ipod to transfer the files over with a USB cable. Would that be part of the problem?

Upvote 0
Sol Invictus

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Jackal777 said:
Yeah. I just can't figure out what the change was. It's so confusing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm using my Ipod to transfer the files over with a USB cable. Would that be part of the problem?

I dont think so, its most likely a change that you made in the map through Alteration and Halo 3 doesnt really appreciate it, I run into this problem occasionaly. Try to note what changes you made and then if they dont work then change it back to default.

Upvote 0
J

Jackal777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm, all I changed was Master Chief into a grunt via 'matg' (third person unit) and then I made everything third person with Construct.

On the first level, Sierra 117, changing chief into another unit works just fine. I've even had success before changing him into a jackal on the same level that I crashed with the grunt.

Upvote 0
Sol Invictus

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
So when trying to change into a Grunt , thats when it crashes? I really coudnt tell you as I havent really experimented with bipd swaps. Srry I wasnt much of help.:.(

Upvote 0
J

Jackal777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
:] It's okay, you did your best. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it doesn't, when I convert a new map. It's like Alteration corrupts it somehow.

Upvote 0
Sol Invictus

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Jackal777 said:
:] It's okay, you did your best. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it doesn't, when I convert a new map. It's like Alteration corrupts it somehow.

Hmm... wierd.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register