• Thread starter Selena Gomez
  • Start date
  • Views 472
S

Selena Gomez

Twitch.tv/kingsintv
Retired
Reaction score
I figured it would be easier to keep tips all in one thread so that if someone is looking for tips they just read through a single thread :smile:

Here is something I posted on reddit in relation to DMG's but it applies to all ranks.

The biggest mistake I see them is repeatedly making stupid and/or risky decisions. I am not saying that you can't make risky decisions but you have to time them right.

For example, I was playing FACEIT with 3 other buddies and we got a random DMG on our team (i know cuz i saw his rank in screenshots) we're playing cache and get CT side first. I kid you not he flashed himself into A through smoke every single round, which is not a bad idea if you do it once in a while but he didn't even pop flash in he just threw the flash through the smoke into the wall and gave the T's plenty of time to turn away from it.

Another example is on Inferno on CT side when people decide to YOLO down banana every round, or awp from car every round. And even though they get punished for it they continue to do it.

Playing the same spot every single round is very risky at higher ranks because you will get prefired. The only reason to consistently do it is if they don't see you there. For example if you play in PIT on inferno and they go B 3 rounds in a row then it's safe to continue to play there because they haven't seen you there yet so they have to check multiple angles when exiting apps or coming up truck side.

Other tips:
  • Learn crosshair placement, always keep it at head level and hug corners as you go by them. Always have the crosshair where the enemy would appear.
  • Play community FFA deathmatch servers, this is huge and I prefer it over killing bots because bots don't act like humans, I prefer warming up/practicing against real people.
  • Avoid using to movement keys at the same time whenever possible. By this I mean don't hold W and A if you're peeking a corner, use just A. The reason for this is when you're moving even if you let those keys go you'll slide for a moment and your first shot won't be 100% accurate. You have to counter strafe, so if you're holding A once you let it go tap D to stop movement then fire. If you're using W and A and then you have to hit S and D to stop movement completely.
  • Learn smokes/flashes/pop flashes, pretty self explanatory knowing set smokes makes you more valuable to the team, knowing pop flashes makes kills a lot easier since the enemy will be blind. A pop flash is a flash that pops right as it goes in front of the enemy player and doesn't give them time to react. You can YouTube the smokes, and as for flashes just learn how far they have to go to pop and practice offline.
  • Calculate risk and reward accordingly. Pretty self explanatory, you don't need to make risky plays unless absolutely necessary. For example you're on T side Inferno and you're rushing B on pistol round but you see someone top of mid and hit him a few times so you know he is low but your team is already up banana, don't chase the guy mid since you'll more than likely run into 2 other CT's waiting for you and you'll end up dead. Instead just go with your team to the site and hold it.
  • When you die only make the necessary call outs, don't say "f*** **** christ I died....2 A Main" no that's too much BS. Just say "2 A Main" if you lit someone (70+ damage) then say "2 A Main 1 Lit" if you see bomb then say "2 A Main 1 Lit Bomb" and let that be the end of it.
  • Learn default setups for maps, this is essential for pugs and will make your life easier. Here is an example, on Inferno CT side teams will generally play 2B, 1A Arch side, 1A Truck Side, and 1A Pit or up in apps. So as a T if you get a pick at B quickly at banana it's safe to say that they'll be 1CT left at B playing in site. Knowing that there will only be 1 left at B is crucial in knowing whether to push up or not.
  • Learn call outs, just google them it's that easy.
  • Buy and Save as a team.
  • Keep track of your opponents economy, if you know the enemy is broke and can't full buy then know that. If they are saving with just pistols expect them to hold much closer angles and could just yolo rush something in the hopes of overwhelming you. Hold longer angles and play accordingly. To expand on this if you're CT side Cache and you know the T's can't full buy then that means they can't execute anywhere (use smokes and flashes) so use that to your advantage and force them to push through smoke, etc.
  • Always trade kills, unless you're lurking if you get killed your teammate should always be trading that kill and killing whoever killed you. Trade kills always favor the T side.
  • Learn spray patterns. But seriously if you have an AK and you can't kill someone with first 7-8 bullets then go back to aim training. Ideally 3-4 shots and they should be dead.
  • Always communicate, lets say you're playing mid from Z on CT side Cache and i'm playing on A site. If you give up mid because you get smoked off then say that. There is absolutely nothing worse than getting shot from highway because you gave up mid and didn't say anything. A simple "They smoked out Z, could be mid/highway" is enough.

I'll update with more later.

Last edited:
J

Jason

Reaction score
Wow! thanks for the contribution to the community and help us noobs improve!

S

Selena Gomez

Twitch.tv/kingsintv
Retired
Reaction score
If anyone has any specific questions please go ahead and ask. Whether it's how to hold/play a specific position on a map to well anything else. I'll do my best to help you out :smile:

Please keep map specific questions related to active duty maps only as that is all that I play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom