Echo

7S
Retired
Legendary Veteran TotM Services
Reaction score
Sin$
PQJOFLg.jpg

Banner made by Knowledge! Thanks man!

So, with the release of Destiny I figured that people would be getting these error codes at one point or another. And, instead of having to search them up on Destiny's website, I figured that I would make a thread for you guys to simply browse through when you see one of these error codes pop up on your screen. I will have linked below the description of the error (as to why you are seeing them) as well as solutions on how to fix some of them. This will be in a somewhat random order until I can get them alphabeticaly arranged, so bear with me for the time being please.

Quick Links-
Go here for the support search.
Go here for their help forums to make a ticket and see if you can't get your issue resolved.
Go here for the Networking Issue Troubleshooting Guide and try some of their solutions to see if it solves your issue.

It seems as though people are having problems on both platforms lately after this recent update. Luckily for you guys, SCY Mach SCY Mach has found a possibly solution for 360 users. I'm not too sure on how you would attempt something like this on the PS3/PS4/X1, but the steps will be listed below. I take no credit for any of this.
This seems to work so far:

*For Xbox users*
*Might work with PS also if you're having issues with connection as well*

If you recently updated your destiny with the new patch and are having issues staying connected for more then a few minutes fear not!!! Just do a few things I list and most of it should be fine. At least... Mine is.

1.Go to your Xbox storage.
2. Press Y on your hard drive and Clear Your System Cache.
3.Next go into your storage and find Destiny.
Delete the Compatibility Download. (There should only be one and the rest should be game saves.)
4.Next start Destiny and redownload the patch.

Centipede- Probably one of the most common errors that seems to be happening amongst college campuses. Simply put, it's a network issue. There is currently no fix for the college people, however if you're at home and get the error, head to this link here to see if you can fix the solution.

Pear- This is simply an Xbox One party issue that can happen from time to time. Simply restart your console then launch Destiny to see if that fixes the issue.

Urchin- Urchin only pops up when you have had a restriction placed on your account due to modding or other purposes. Try choosing a different activity, or visit this page here and see if you can't fix your issue. If all else fails, call them.

Cat- The simplest error to fix out of all of them. There's an update that you missed somewhere along the lines. Restart your console, reboot the game and try downloading the update again.

Marionberry- This is another error that is usually associated with your network connection. It often occurs after a WiFi "blip" or when you have changed your network settings. Simply visit this link here and follow the instructions given to fix it.

Blackbird/Chipmunk/Lime- All three of these errors are caused by the same problem. For those of you that are getting this, you will have to delete Destiny altogether from your Hard Drive and re-install it. Another vital option that has proved useful is simply deleting the game data then restarting Destiny. If that doesn't fix it, you'll probably have to contact Sony or Microsoft for further support.

Buck/Camel/Cattle- Again, all three of these errors are caused by the same problem. If you accidentally got kicked off of XBL or PSN and had your account signed out, you'll probably see this issue. Simply just sign back in and you should be good to go. If all else fails, exit the game and restart it.

Butterfly/Stingray- These occur when you have attempted to play Destiny while not signed in to XBL or PSN. Simply sign in and the error should go away. If you're unable to connect, it's either your connection or something on XBL/PSN's end. I'd check up from time to time to see if the servers are down for XBL/PSN, which you can do so here and here.

Chicken/Chimpanzee- There is currently no explanation for these nor is there a solution for this. So, you're only option here is to post on the support forums of Bungie, which can be found here.

Buzzard/Vulture- This error is rather well known, as it was highly present in the Beta when it was released. It's simple: No Gold, no play.

Bull- If you accidentally sign out while mid-game, you will see this pop up. You will need to exit Destiny and re-launch it as either the new user that just signed in or the previous user that just signed out.

Caribou- Ahh, those blasted parental controls. If this error pops up, your parental controls on your Xbox is blocking some features of Destiny from working properly. Simply turn them off in your Xbox settings and you should be good to go (that is, if you can figure out the pass code your parents set :wink:)

Beagle- This is another error that is caused with the game, except this is for the digital users only. If you get this, it simply means that you will need to delete the game and re-install it again (There's no work around on this one, sorry folks.)

Penguin- Luckily, this is only a PS4 problem at the moment, so you don't have to worry about seeing it if you don't own the console. It is associated with the parental controls restricting access to voice chat or messages. In order to fix this, you will need to change your settings to allow you to talk in game and send messages. For those of you who don't know how, visit this page to help you out.

Pelican- If you happen to come across this error, you actually shouldn't (if that makes any sense). It is a problem with the User Generated Content, which you do not have access to. When you do happen to come face to face with this, simply make a thread in the Destiny help forums section and see if anybody that has had a similar issue can help you. Alternatively, it can also be caused by parental controls being set. Simply try turning them off and see if that fixes it.

Carp- If you've been away for a certain period of time (Only applies to Xbox One and PS4 Gamers) and you got kicked back to the home screen, simply log-out and log back in and you should be good to go.

Catfish- Simply accept the User License agreement and that should fix it.

Pineapple- Another networking error that is either on your part or Bungie's. If it does happen, it will get reported to Bungie immediately. Simply restart your Xbox and see if that does the trick.

Leopard- This is an issue on Bungies end and doesn't have a workaround ATM. Try resetting your console and see if that helps.

Turtle- Network issue that can be fixed by changing your ports to these:
Destiny Port Range Direction
7500-17899 (TCP) Outbound
30000-40399 (TCP) Outbound
35000-35099 (UDP) Inbound and Outbound
3074 (UDP) Inbound and Outbound
(Credit goes to B byron hood for giving me these)

Anteater/Viper- Both are common networking issues (there seems to be a lot of these) that can be fixed probably by turning your Xbox off and back on again. If that doesn't work, you can always try the Networking Troubleshooting page that I have listed above (or go here) to see if that solves your problem.

Monkey (10/28 UPDATE)- You will probably only get this when Bungie is doing work on their end, but it could also happen randomly too. Simply resume what you were doing and everything should be fine from there. If you are still having this problem, make a thread on their support forums with the link I have provided above. For those of you still having this issue, Bungie is working on it as fast as possible. Go here to follow along with the latest updates as they attempt to fix this issue.

Bee/Fly/Lion- Caused by disconnects between your router and Bungie's servers. It can also be caused by certain WIFI setups or faulty in-home wiring, as well as other devices such as your phone or tablet being on the WIFI the same time you are trying to play Destiny. There have been several tests done regarding this issue, and it seems they come and go. I would highly recommend reading the spoiler below for more information on this.
During investigation, Bungie has seen users hitting these errors in geographic clusters in different places at different times. For example, we recently detected 25% packet loss from the UK at the same time a number of users located there saw errors. These Internet conditions usually pass quickly, and the errors often go away on their own when this happens.

If you have performed all of the troubleshooting steps called out above and are still hitting these errors, you may not be able to resolve this issue by changing your home network configuration. Bungie is carefully monitoring BEE, FLY, and LION issues preventing players from having a quality Destiny experience, and we are working very hard to investigate and address these issues. You can read about our ongoing progress below. Making this experience better for everybody is a top priority at Bungie.

Recent updates on our investigations for users hitting repeated BEE/FLY/LION errors:
[9/30]
Our server-side configuration changes have shown a dramatic reduction in BEE/FLY/LION errors. Error reporting data shows a drop of 53% since our last update on the 25th. We are still exploring other methods of reducing the frequency of these errors.
[9/26] No major updates on our BEE/FLY/LION investigation, but we are continuing to work towards reducing how often players hit these errors.
[9/21] We made a configuration change today that reduced the number of BEE/FLY/LION errors by 50%. If you were hitting BEE/FLY/LION errors that made it hard to enjoy the game, please try again as your situation may have improved. We understand people are still hitting these issues so we will continue to work hard on this top priority issue to do whatever we can to improve the player experience.

Baboon- If you're one of those people that likes to run off of your phone's internet, then you probably get this more often than most. It is not recommended that you set up your network connection like this, as said by Bungie. Go here for more information. No fixes have been listed as of yet, sadly :frown:.

Flatworm/Leopard/Beaver- If more than one console is on your Internet, then that may be the reason why you are seeing this. Some of Bungies listed solutions range from opening your NAT type to enabling UPnP on their router. Bungie is aware (as they always are) of the problem and tend to fix this as fast as possible. A recent update yesterday shows that they are "continuing to analyze log data to determine whether the systems that establish and maintain connections are working properly. Additionally, we are narrowing down the causes of this error, and are using data to iterate on possible fixes." For more information and other possible fixes, go here.

Zebra- This is a network error that happens randomly throughout parts of the world. It normally lasts 10-15 minutes. You will experience frequent disconnects, as well as constant error messages with this and similar error codes contained in that message.

Elk- If you're cell phone tethering (using your cell phone as a hot-spot for WIFI) you'll get this. Or, if you're internet is that laggy. In either case, no fixes have been listed on Bungie's website as of yet. Will update as soon as there is.

Hare- Another networking issue that has no listed fix other than the networking page that can be found above.

Cloudberry- Network issue that is probably caused by having too many devices on your network at once or you're running too many apps at once. Either way, simply relieve those devices on your network settings and you should be good to go.

Wasp- If you are getting this, it is recommened that you delete Destiny and re-install the game as you would if you just bought it. If that doesn't work, try what I have listed above and clear your cache/delete the TU and that should fix it. If it's still not working, there may be a problem with your consoles hardware. Contact Microsoft/Sony support and see if they can't help you.

Weasel- This is simply an error code that was split into two after the 1.0.2.3 update to help Bungie determine the exact cause of the issue It was previously listed under the Centipede error code, so there are no known fixes as of yet. The best thing I can recommend is checking out this article here which is the same article I have listed under the Centipede error.

Currently working on the thread and will continue to update as more errors are found. If you have one that I have not listed, please share it so I can add it to this thread! :smile:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Slylike

Slylike

Antihero
Greeter Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Thread of the Month? Lol thanks Echo Echo  
I get Leopard every now and again. It's a network issue on Bungie's end and has no work around. You usually just have to close the game on Xone.

Upvote 0
Echo

Echo

7S
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I get Leopard every now and again. It's a network issue on Bungie's end and has no work around. You usually just have to close the game on Xone.
I appreciate it, but the topic I actually won on was my GTA thread. :wink: I'll keep this thread updated as I find more codes, because I know there's more than just these out there. :smile:

Upvote 0
Slylike

Slylike

Antihero
Greeter Services
Reaction score
Sin$
I appreciate it, but the topic I actually won on was my GTA thread. :wink: I'll keep this thread updated as I find more codes, because I know there's more than just these out there. :smile:
I know. I voted for yours dude when it was running. Yeah there is tons. One called millipede and bee but my friends got those, not me.

Upvote 0
B

byron hood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Destiny-Issues-Guide4GameS.Net--600x350.jpg

So, with the release of Destiny I figured that people would be getting these error codes at one point or another. And, instead of having to search them up on Destiny's website, I figured that I would make a thread for you guys to simply browse through when you see one of these error codes pop up on your screen. I will have linked below the description of the error (as to why you are seeing them) as well as solutions on how to fix some of them. This will be in a somewhat random order until I can get them alphabeticaly arranged, so bear with me for the time being please.

Centipede- Probably one of the most common errors that seems to be happening amongst college campuses. Simply put, it's a network issue. There is currently no fix for the college people, however if you're at home and get the error, head to this link here to see if you can fix the solution.

Pear- This is simply an Xbox One party issue that can happen from time to time. Simply restart your console then launch Destiny to see if that fixes the issue.

Urchin- Urchin only pops up when you have had a restriction placed on your account due to modding or other purposes. Try choosing a different activity, or visit this page here and see if you can't fix your issue. If all else fails, call them.

Cat- The simplest error to fix out of all of them. There's an update that you missed somewhere along the lines. Restart your console, reboot the game and try downloading the update again.

Marionberry- This is another error that is usually associated with your network connection. It often occurs after a WiFi "blip" or when you have changed your network settings. Simply visit this link here and follow the instructions given to fix it.

Blackbird/Chipmunk/Lime- All three of these errors are caused by the same problem. For those of you that are getting this, you will have to delete Destiny altogether from your Hard Drive and re-install it. Another vital option that has proved useful is simply deleting the game data then restarting Destiny. If that doesn't fix it, you'll probably have to contact Sony or Microsoft for further support.

Buck/Camel/Cattle- Again, all three of these errors are caused by the same problem. If you accidentally got kicked off of XBL or PSN and had your account signed out, you'll probably see this issue. Simply just sign back in and you should be good to go. If all else fails, exit the game and restart it.

Butterfly/Stingray- These occur when you have attempted to play Destiny while not signed in to XBL or PSN. Simply sign in and the error should go away. If you're unable to connect, it's either your connection or something on XBL/PSN's end. I'd check up from time to time to see if the servers are down for XBL/PSN, which you can do so here and here.

Chicken/Chimpanzee- There is currently no explanation for these nor is there a solution for this. So, you're only option here is to post on the support forums of Bungie, which can be found here.

Buzzard/Vulture- This error is rather well known, as it was highly present in the Beta when it was released. It's simple: No Gold, no play.

Bull- If you accidentally sign out while mid-game, you will see this pop up. You will need to exit Destiny and re-launch it as either the new user that just signed in or the previous user that just signed out.

Caribou- Ahh, those blasted parental controls. If this error pops up, your parental controls on your Xbox is blocking some features of Destiny from working properly. Simply turn them off in your Xbox settings and you should be good to go (that is, if you can figure out the pass code your parents set :wink:)

Beagle- This is another error that is caused with the game, except this is for the digital users only. If you get this, it simply means that you will need to delete the game and re-install it again (There's no work around on this one, sorry folks.)

Penguin- Luckily, this is only a PS4 problem at the moment, so you don't have to worry about seeing it if you don't own the console. It is associated with the parental controls restricting access to voice chat or messages. In order to fix this, you will need to change your settings to allow you to talk in game and send messages. For those of you who don't know how, visit this page to help you out.

Pelican- If you happen to come across this error, you actually shouldn't (if that makes any sense). It is a problem with the User Generated Content, which you do not have access to. When you do happen to come face to face with this, simply make a thread in the Destiny help forums section and see if anybody that has had a similar issue can help you. Alternatively, it can also be caused by parental controls being set. Simply try turning them off and see if that fixes it.

Carp- If you've been away for a certain period of time (Only applies to Xbox One and PS4 Gamers) and you got kicked back to the home screen, simply log-out and log back in and you should be good to go.

Catfish- Simply accept the User License agreement and that should fix it.

Currently working on the thread and will continue to update as more errors are found. If you have one that I have not listed, please share it so I can add it to this thread! :smile:

Link (to give credit to original founders)
You missed the most annoying one that np one would ever know how to fix or that it had to be fixed yourself, turtle!! I had this for 4 days hoping it would be auto fixed by bungie but I was wrong searched everywhere couldn't find a answer in the end found destiny's ports and it fixed the error immediately!! I can provide those ports if needed :smile:

Upvote 0
Echo

Echo

7S
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You missed the most annoying one that np one would ever know how to fix or that it had to be fixed yourself, turtle!! I had this for 4 days hoping it would be auto fixed by bungie but I was wrong searched everywhere couldn't find a answer in the end found destiny's ports and it fixed the error immediately!! I can provide those ports if needed :smile:
That would be fantastic, thanks! :smile:

Upvote 0
B

byron hood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That would be fantastic, thanks! :smile:
Here's the ports any help needed by anyone give me a message :smile:

DESTINY'S PORTS

Destiny Port Range Direction
7500-17899 (TCP) Outbound
30000-40399 (TCP) Outbound
35000-35099 (UDP) Inbound and Outbound
3074 (UDP) Inbound and Outbound

Upvote 0
Echo

Echo

7S
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I got error Pineapple.
Added! Thank you for making me aware of this :smile:
Added! Thank you for the ports as well! :biggrin:
Added! Thank you Sly! :biggrin:

OP has been updated!

Upvote 0
N

NomadicDragon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, here's a screen shot of how I have those all important ports!!

Untitled_zpsfa24b927.jpg

Guess what, I'm STILL getting kicked with this f***ing Centipede error!! Along with Lion, Bee, Anteater, the whole f***ing animal kingdom!!! I even did the whole NAT set-up for my PS3. Can anyone please help? Bungie is USELESS in trying to fix this.

By the way, I don't live in a college campus. I have my own internet service to my apartment.

Upvote 0
BadAss_VaultHunter

BadAss_VaultHunter

Reaction score
Sin$
I really hope bungie do something about these errors , Today i was on a strike run and just right before the strike end i had this Anteater error code :banghead:

Upvote 0
N

NomadicDragon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, here's a screen shot of how I have those all important ports!!

Untitled_zpsfa24b927.jpg

Guess what, I'm STILL getting kicked with this f***ing Centipede error!! Along with Lion, Bee, Anteater, the whole f***ing animal kingdom!!! I even did the whole NAT set-up for my PS3. Can anyone please help? Bungie is USELESS in trying to fix this.

By the way, I don't live in a college campus. I have my own internet service to my apartment.
I'm even getting the Centipede error while connected straight to my modem!

Upvote 0
CHEMO

CHEMO

I know a thing or two about a thing or two..
Hidden Devils
Services Donator Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
Any word from bungie about these errors? Like any future plans to resolve them?

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register