What's new

Discussion After the XBL holocaust why not set up Xlive alternative?

• Thread starter genkisudo
  • Start date
  • Views 697
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

genkisudo

Reaction score
Sin$
After all US UK etc if theres one thing we are entitled to in a democratic society is right to private property. The fact that MS think theyve a god given right to tamper with hardware after they sell it is disgusting. At most they should ( and its their business) ban xblive services not f*** around with my hardware....

Why do ppl who can reverse engineer the 360 and create alternative firmware not just set up an alternative online gaming service???

Niko Jims

Niko Jims

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
genkisudo said:
After all US UK etc if theres one thing we are entitled to in a democratic society is right to private property. The fact that MS think theyve a god given right to tamper with hardware after they sell it is disgusting. At most they should ( and its their business) ban xblive services not f*** around with my hardware....

Why do ppl who can reverse engineer the 360 and create alternative firmware not just set up an alternative online gaming service???
mk9gf5.jpg

G

Gervior

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
genkisudo said:

Because whoever does this will think they're god of that Online Gaming Service. Also if it gets to crowded their would be server issues.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
That's nearly impossible. The service would be for such a small community, only those who can ever possibly attempt to mod their 360's NAND could ever HOPE to get such a service. Then you have the issues of emulating the entire Xbox Live networking model, and that isn't easy. There's a reason Microsoft has clusters of servers for that service, because it's a complex model they have setup. Then many games such as Halo 3, Call of Duty 4/5/6, L4D, etc... have to have emulated servers for matchmaking and all that good ****. So no, this impossible and never will be done.

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically to answer your question in short: too much work.

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
lol the way m$ can make some more money is to make you pay to be unbanned $100. to bad there way to many problems with that.

Adv

Adv

GTA Guru
Premium
Forum Addict Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Really, with 1 console banned comes 10 more topics on Se7enSins. Why, you know the risks of modding, there is no such thing as playing it safe when modding. My console banned, I didn't make a topic for it or complain. I made one post in the Official Banned Topic in the MW2 forum. That's it.

Pieceman

Pieceman

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Just follow the rules and you won't have to worry about MS denying you service.. I guess that's kind of an odd statement to make on a modding forum though :rolleyes:

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Haxalot88 said:
That's nearly impossible. The service would be for such a small community, only those who can ever possibly attempt to mod their 360's NAND could ever HOPE to get such a service. Then you have the issues of emulating the entire Xbox Live networking model, and that isn't easy. There's a reason Microsoft has clusters of servers for that service, because it's a complex model they have setup. Then many games such as Halo 3, Call of Duty 4/5/6, L4D, etc... have to have emulated servers for matchmaking and all that good ****. So no, this impossible and never will be done.
This. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register