What's new

Unsolved Advise - Accidentally removed a trace when soldering

S

smvb64

Reaction score
Hello all,

First time doing an RGH 1.2 mod on my Xbox360 Falcon. Process was going well for the most part until I was soldering the last wire and removed both the soldering pad and a bit of the trace.
Will this be possible to fix? I am hoping to salvage the machine.
This was for the CLK point

Thanks all,
SM

R

ronsonol

Reaction score
You have a couple options.
Top side of board also has a point you can use, see tutorials. It's harder to do this point though.

I am not 100% sure about the pad you lifted, but if the connection goes though the via maybe it's not possible to use. But if connection continues through trace that's available use a very fine tool/knife to carefully scrap away the coating and expose some of the trace, put down solder and solder your wire there. Use flux, and if it works well cover with some solder mask.
Post automatically merged:

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...get-a-cr4-like-experience-phats-only.1349194/

According to this tutorial there might be yet another alt clk point. Check it out.

Last edited:
S

smvb64

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Perfect so there are others points and that guide is wonderful. Was using a you tube video before. Will give the other point a try and let you guys know how it goes. I do want to see if I can repair that point as well - maybe will be better to get a test board to practice

Top Bottom