What's new

Solved Advice with choosing New mobo.

N

NerdLuv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already have a 4790K and Im not getting rid of it.
So can only fit 1150 sockets for here are some mobos that are available to be purchased that look nice and have good features. Im just looking to get advice from expert builders that will help save me money and still suggest a mobo that has ton of features. Im not on a budget anymore so swing anything my way, but if i can still save money on a smart mobo suggest it.

I want to build in a corsair 540 or 240 im starting to like that cube look :wink:

Plan to Overclock with ease.
Like a ton of features that are very beneficial gaming & editing. Gaming mostly
Plan on doing 2-way Sli now

Here are some I have came across.
Asus Z97 PRO GAMER ATX
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 ATX

Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX
ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE microATX

Which one or suggest something else

S

Selena Gomez

Twitch.tv/kingsintv
Retired
Reaction score
I already have a 4790K and Im not getting rid of it.
So can only fit 1150 sockets for here are some mobos that are available to be purchased that look nice and have good features. Im just looking to get advice from expert builders that will help save me money and still suggest a mobo that has ton of features. Im not on a budget anymore so swing anything my way, but if i can still save money on a smart mobo suggest it.

I want to build in a corsair 540 or 240 im starting to like that cube look :wink:

Plan to Overclock with ease.
Like a ton of features that are very beneficial gaming & editing. Gaming mostly
Plan on doing 2-way Sli now

Here are some I have came across.
Asus Z97 PRO GAMER ATX
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 ATX

Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX
ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE microATX
Which one or suggest something else

The first one, which can be found here. I've always been a fan of ASUS and have one myself which has never given me an issue.

N

NerdLuv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first one, which can be found here. I've always been a fan of ASUS and have one myself which has never given me an issue.
is the ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE microATX worth it ?
would it look good in the corsair 540 case?

S

Selena Gomez

Twitch.tv/kingsintv
Retired
Reaction score
Sorry and no. Why reply here if you not going to contribute to the post 

is the ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE microATX worth it ?
would it look good in the corsair 540 case?
microATX boards aren't as good if you plan on adding more in the future, they have less PCI slots (which are used for GPUs, soundcards, etc) so if you plan to add more in the future you'll be out of luck. Plus the Pro Gamer board is cheaper and has more PCI slots.

N

NerdLuv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but the pro gamer can only support 2-way?

S

Selena Gomez

Twitch.tv/kingsintv
Retired
Reaction score
but the pro gamer can only support 2-way?
Yeah because generally most people don't even have two cards, yet alone more than that.

N

NerdLuv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah because generally most people don't even have two cards, yet alone more than that.
Thanks. Selena does that mobo not having display port lack your visual quality like i heard display port is best for 4k + monitors does it matter or can i get a adapter for this for a 2nd monitor?

Last edited:
C

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Thanks. Selena does that mobo not having display port lack your visual quality like i heard display port is best for 4k + monitors does it matter or can i get a adapter for this for a 2nd monitor?
Display ports will be on your GPU.

S

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Maximus VII Gene is just over priced IMO, no need to pay that much for a motherboard, but if you're looking for a black/red mobo, you have a bunch of options, is that your colour scheme?

N

NerdLuv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black and white now
ill jsut be done with it and get the MSI Z97S Krait Edition. Decent right?

S

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Z97 Krait is a nice mobo and usually fairly well priced. There are some Asus boards you could go for, but they're a little more expensive.

N

NerdLuv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z97 Krait is a nice mobo and usually fairly well priced. There are some Asus boards you could go for, but they're a little more expensive.
WHat do you think of MSI mobo heard they are not good overlocker but they have genie 4 idk
take a look at this motherboard I like that it has 3.1 and 3.0 isnt that more modern for todays speeds
MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX

S

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
What? It's another MSI board? I thought you decided on the Z97s SLI Krait? MSI motherboards are fine, I've owned an MSI Z97 motherboard, and an Asus Z97 motherboard. MSI motherboards aren't any worse for overclocking. The Z97 Gaming 7 doesn't have USB 3.1, and it's irrelevant anyway if you're not going to use, but you can get a Krait edition motherboard with USB 3.1 anyway./ Plus, the Gaming 7 is black/red, I thought your colour scheme was black/white?

N

NerdLuv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What? It's another MSI board? I thought you decided on the Z97s SLI Krait? MSI motherboards are fine, I've owned an MSI Z97 motherboard, and an Asus Z97 motherboard. MSI motherboards aren't any worse for overclocking. The Z97 Gaming 7 doesn't have USB 3.1, and it's irrelevant anyway if you're not going to use, but you can get a Krait edition motherboard with USB 3.1 anyway./ Plus, the Gaming 7 is black/red, I thought your colour scheme was black/white?
Yeah I was just wondering about that motherboard it was any good but yeah Im going to get the Krait.

I know the Krait supports sli but will it fit the 980 ti version im getting? GV-N98TXTREME-6GD will it support its weigh and such

S

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I was just wondering about that motherboard it was any good but yeah Im going to get the Krait.

I know the Krait supports sli but will it fit the 980 ti version im getting? GV-N98TXTREME-6GD will it support its weigh and such
Yes, it'll be fine.

N

NerdLuv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it'll be fine.
Alright thanks Im getting it all this week.
Thanks for helping thru this journey lol jsut wanted to make sure everything was good before diving in and buy them lol

Top Bottom