Ads Problem

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by ii CoRrUpT xX, Dec 19, 2008 with 7 replies and 153 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
    I am having a problem. These green lines appear under words sometimes. It makes the word green as well, and it is underlined twice. When I hover over it, a mini advertisement comes up and is related to that word. Please help me get rid of these annoying things. I use Firefox.

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    It's just an ad. It's part of the site, everyone gets them (except people that use ABP). Just ignore them.

3. OP
    ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    It isn't ONLY on this site all the time, sometimes on others as well.

4. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Listen, they're ads that are setup to give the site money, other sites can do the same thing, relax and ignore them. They're like bee's you don't mess with them, they won't mess with you.

5. OP
    ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    Lol. They are annoying though. Thanks.

6. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Although Ibdc is right, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has thought up a plug-in for Firefox or something to eliminate ads like this, as they're a common annoyance. If not, I'm sure it's possible. Unless a website has double-underlined green text on it, I'd bet you could even eliminate the ads in a plug-in by looking for that specific formatting. In short, it's always worth using Google, and there's nothing you like, try programming a plug-in yourself? :smile:

7. AzzidReign

AzzidReign I don't do modded or money lobbies. NO GTA AT ALL! Administrator

Ratings:
    It's called In-Text links...it's a good way for sites to make extra money and I know the market is getting bigger with it.

8. OP
    ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    Oh. So youuuuuuuuur responsible. LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.