• Views 319
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Toothless

7s Official Dragon
Reaction score
Sin$
I have tons of ads on my computer and chrome. How do I get rid of them? It's like my PC is infected but everything else works great. Firefox works good. Don't have any protection just the regular stuff. The Count The Count and any other member here that could help it would be appreciated.<3

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Do a scan with Malwarebytes and delete any unwanted Extensions. Also, install Adblock to Chrome.

Last edited:
The Count

The Count

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have tons of ads on my computer and chrome. How do I get rid of them? It's like my PC is infected but everything else works great. Firefox works good. Don't have any protection just the regular stuff. The Count The Count and any other member here that could help it would be appreciated.<3
most likely just toolbar add on adware you uninstall all the tool bars you don't use that should fix it I'f not I will work some magic and this is BountyCujo just changed my name to something more fitting

FrankSinatra

FrankSinatra

.aep
Reaction score
Sin$
Do a virus scan, then download Adblock for Google Chrome. (:

SneakiestKent

SneakiestKent

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
A Milli Artist Treasure Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Had this problem too, but just reset my Browser and it removed just like that.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Remove ALL toolbars from google chrome, or better yet, reinstall chrome. Uninstall all programs that have "optimizer", "booster", "tweaker" and so on, in the name. I recommend using a program like "Your Uninstaller", as it scans the PC for leftover files and registry keys, just be careful, as it too comes with it's own toolbars and adware as optional installs. Of course you can just uninstall the adware programs though the control panel and then run CCleaner, to clean the leftover registry keys.

Once you're done with that run an anti-virus scan, and then a boot time scan using avast.

If you don't know what to delete post a screenshot of the "Programs and Features" tab in control panel or the main "Your Uninstaller" window.

And as almost everyone else suggested, get adblock.

CAPiiX

CAPiiX

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Most likely an extension causing this. A screenshot of the problem would be very helpful. I wouldn't suggest scanning your computer, sh*t I wouldn't suggest having antivirus on your computer.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
check your recently added programs in case some silly add-ons were randomly installed. Also, be sure to install adblock fro Chrome.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Most likely an extension causing this. A screenshot of the problem would be very helpful. I wouldn't suggest scanning your computer, sh*t I wouldn't suggest having antivirus on your computer.
I get why you say that you recommend not having an antivirus, but you're really wrong. It doesn't matter how safe you browse, there will always be a chance for a virus to sneak in.

CAPiiX

CAPiiX

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I get why you say that you recommend not having an antivirus, but you're really wrong. It doesn't matter how safe you browse, there will always be a chance for a virus to sneak in.
Not only does it slow down your computer, but it could be used as spyware and I'm all about my privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register