• Thread starter ZacOnCrac
  • Start date
  • Views 294
ZacOnCrac

ZacOnCrac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry if this isn't the place to post this, however I'm just a little confused on what to do here. Essentially I have 2 RAM slots, 1 containing a 8GB DDR3L 1600MH RAM stick thing. With my free slot I would like to add another 8GB DDR3L 1600MH.

I understand how to take my computer apart, however I'm just wondering what specifics do I need to know such as:
Brand
Specs including voltage etc

And also, will I need to configure this new stick of RAM on startup or something and will I lose any data?
Thanks for the help!

(My Laptop - http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/computers/satellite/l50/psklna-01q00j/specifications)

Last edited:
L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry if this isn't the place to post this, however I'm just a little confused on what to do here. Essentially I have 2 RAM slots, 1 containing a 8GB DDR3L 1600MH RAM stick thing. With my free slot I would like to add another 8GB DDR3L 1600MH.

I understand how to take my computer apart, however I'm just wondering what specifics do I need to know such as:
Brand

And also, will I need to configure this new stick of RAM on startup or something and will I lose any data?
Thanks for the help!

(My Laptop - http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/computers/satellite/l50/psklna-01q00j/specifications)
Brands don't actually have to match the current RAM, it is advised to do so though; probably due to the different voltages. Your RAM is probably between 1.35V and 1.5V. This can be a problem so just make sure that your RAM can be overvolted/undervolted to match. Is this what you're asking?

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Brands don't actually have to match the current RAM, it is advised to do so though; probably due to the different voltages. Your RAM is probably between 1.35V and 1.5V. This can be a problem so just make sure that your RAM can be overvolted/undervolted to match. Is this what you're asking?
He just want's to make sure that the RAM is compatible.

Brand

Thanks for the help!

Just make sure that what ever you buy, it is DDR3L.

ZacOnCrac

ZacOnCrac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm just trying to make sure I don't spend $150+ on a stick that could ruin my computers life haha
So what I'm getting at is just make sure its DDR3L, make sure it is similar in voltage aswell. Does the Mhz matter at all? the current RAM I have is 1600mhz

Top Bottom
Login
Register