• Start date
  • Views 315
B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Here's something hot. Not the actual contract itself, but the last sentence of the article.

As a side effect of Activision's ongoing court battle with former Infinity Ward heads Jason West and Vince Zampella, details of the company's deal with Bungie have been made public in documents posted by the LA Times.

According to the documents, Bungie has agreed to create four "sci-fantasy, action shooter games" in a project code-named "Destiny" (for which Bungie filed trademarks last year). The first will be an Xbox exclusive (360 with the option for its successor) in fall 2013 (versions for other systems would follow one year later) with followup games on Xbox successor, PS3 successor, and PC in 2015, 2017, and 2019. Four DLC expansions, code-named "Comet," are included in the deal, due fall 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020.

In the contract, Activision reserves the right to take over the "Destiny" property if Bungie fails to meet its requirements; however, it stipulates that it will not begin more "Destiny" projects until Bungie has completed its work.

The contract also gives Bungie the freedom to put five percent of its staff to work on a prototype for a new game referred to as "Marathon," with the team size allowed to grow after certain operating income. There are also rules governing how much of the company's staff can work on Bungie.Net, Halo Reach DLC and other projects.
So Bungie are to work on four games somewhat in the same category as Halo. It will be an Xbox exclusive and it will contain DLC. They are also given the right to work on their own website (I don't understand how that works, but whatever) and wait.... Halo: Reach DLC? Hmm.....​
Source: Joystiq

L

Liberation

Tide Pod Challenger 2k18
Reaction score
Nice find Buzz.

V

Vexx

N'importe qui
Reaction score
Reach DLC. Lol that doesn't sound very exciting at all, let alone correct. Joystiq must have gotten their "intel" wrong.

M

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Reach DLC. Lol that doesn't sound very exciting at all, let alone correct. Joystiq must have gotten their "intel" wrong.
Their writer is pretty bad, he got quite a few things wrong, including what I mentioned above. What I don't see mentioned in that article, however, is the bigger news that some of us were correct and it will be an MMO shooter. Taken from the contract:
...planned to be massively-multiplayer-style (i.e., client-based mission structures with persistent elements)

Top Bottom