• Start date
  • Views 1,194
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jason19

Reaction score
Sin$
I heard that the card packs at the stores are activated individually before being put together in the package is this true

also does anyone know of a place that tends to activate before shelving ive heard of that too

K

K3LL0GSkid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vmXrFPOxA
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think so, that would mean people who just take them and activate them... Like you're probably going to do lol.

Don't be a thief. If you do I hope you get caught.

Klantra

Klantra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No. Cards are not activated until individually scanned at the register.

J

jason19

Reaction score
Sin$
Im talking about the pack of three cards that are sealed they cant scan those individualy

Klantra

Klantra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They can scan the individual packs, can they not?

J

jason19

Reaction score
Sin$
No. Cards are not activated until individually scanned at the register.
Im talking about the packs of three cards that are sealed in one they cant be scanned individually

Klantra

Klantra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They can scan the individual packs, can they not?
I believe the three cards are all linked to the barcode on the outside package. Once that exterior code is scanned, then the cards are activated.

Syrus

Syrus

Just chill out
Fabled Veteran Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe the three cards are all linked to the barcode on the outside package. Once that exterior code is scanned, then the cards are activated.
That's exactly right I work at Walmart and that's how we do it there's a single barcode to activate all three of them at once

CreepAchu

CreepAchu

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't wanna even attempt stealing codes. They don't cost much anyway. I've been wondering though.

Couldn't someone just buy a cash register or someone gets hooked up with one and could use that as an activator? or (which sounds like the answer) The registers are updated with the new codes that are shipped in. So any old registers can't activate them

Cloudie

Cloudie

Reaction score
Sin$
If you're going to be a thief don't steal microsoft cards smfh. I don't approve of stealing but you're trying to steal stuff so you can go probably buy COD DLC's. :hilarious:

P.S Hope you get caught

Shoe

Shoe

♛COTM July 2016♛
Hidden Devils
CotM FotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
They are scanned when the check out barcode has been bought/ scanned. Hope you get Caught pal

Blunt king

Blunt king

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Back when there where Microsoft points you could do this don't know about now that they switched to virtual currency. Either way your Xbox isn't worth going to jail over so just buy them kid

NoBeefBoss

NoBeefBoss

Sports Fanatic
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
They are activated once they are scanned at the register. There is an option when scanning them that gives the cashier the ability to activate the card for use.

Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
They are added at the register like every other gift card. It's simple. Register activates it. Has always been like this always will be.

Z

Zepi

Reaction score
Sin$
Are you guys serious like cmon now all I see is "Hope you get caught" what if he was just curious to know if that was the case no need to jump to conclusions thinking he is going to steal Xbox cards that's like if someone asked "Hey when will you be going to work tomorrow?" you then reply "Stalker" when they just asked to know if they could talk to you about something important. so chill

chrispro1994 v2

chrispro1994 v2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I work retail and I just scanned a 3 pack as well as all memberships / points and it asked for activation, so that is false bud.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Gonna go ahead and lock this as it has been answered numerous times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register