What's new

Solved Ace chip arriving...few questions

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I have a console that has a coolrunner in it but it doesn't boot, occasionally it will boot xell so I was advised to get an ace v3.

Is the wiring much different on these, currently my box has the shielded cable on cpu-rst, I noticed the ace doesn't use a shielded cable?

Reading a guide on here that talks about programming timing files to it but I am also reading that these don't need programming ?

Can I just remove the coolrunner and put the ace in its place ?

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So I have a console that has a coolrunner in it but it doesn't boot, occasionally it will boot xell so I was advised to get an ace v3.

Is the wiring much different on these, currently my box has the shielded cable on cpu-rst, I noticed the ace doesn't use a shielded cable?

Reading a guide on here that talks about programming timing files to it but I am also reading that these don't need programming ?

Can I just remove the coolrunner and put the ace in its place ?
What Kind Of Motherboard Do You Have?

X360ace V3 Doesn't Use Shielded Wire So You Will Have To Replaced It, I Also Suggest Replacing The Post Out Wire As Well.

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No Need To Flash A Timing File, Just Solder The Chip And Replaced CPU_RST

So the other wired will be same as cr ?...if there's no need to program timing files does this thing pretty much boot off the bat ??...no need to mess around changing timing files ?

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
Acev3 come pre programmed with Corona timing files. Only need to mess with timing when using on PHATS. It's very rare that those timing files will not boot a slim.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
It's very rare that those timing files will not boot a slim
*a Corona
Never seen a Trinity boot with the stock ACEv3 file, not even sure that it's compatible.
Though, maybe the V1 and V2 ones were?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe it has something to do with the crystal being a ****** one but if you change it, works with trinities,apparently.
Never heard of that. Then again, I've never looked into the matter much. Even if it's true, there's no point in doing it since S-RGH works perfectly fine with Trinity boards.

Top Bottom
Login
Register