account/profile details on hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by TheMagicNumber, Jul 7, 2009 with 5 replies and 365 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMagicNumber

TheMagicNumber Enthusiast

Ratings:
    im selling my 360 hard drive but before i do i wanna know is does the 360 hold account details anywhere else on the hard drive other than in the profile folder?like say if an account was created and used on that hd would it be possible to get any of that accounts details from the hd if you where 1337 enough?im asking cos i heard that just using the "format hd" function from the dashboard doesnt really do everything.
    thanks for any help.

2. mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Uh, format HD takes everything off then formats it to the xbox. So formatting would work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xKNiiVES

xKNiiVES Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just reformatt.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    TheMagicNumber

Ratings:
    ok guys thanks.i just figured like when you format a pc hd you can still find some files with good software and the dashboard format seems pretty quick,but ill take your word for it.

5. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Actually it IS possible to get some information off the hard-drive after a format. There's a tool I've seen (never used it myself) for retrieving lost data, but I cannot confirm it does this. Now I don't mean to scare you, i'm just saying it's *possible*.
    DO NOTE: Anyone who buys a complete 360 set is most likely NOT someone who's comfortable in the hacking community, and therefore not someone who would even THINK about trying to recover lost data. Even just deleting the profiles should be fine. A format should also suffice.

6. OP
    TheMagicNumber

Ratings:
    the dude whos buying it killed his hd from modding-thats why im asking:S